Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
barnadaniel
Message 1 of 4 (193 Views)

Hole patching problem (part derived from assembly)

193 Views, 3 Replies
10-23-2013 08:39 AM

Hello,

I have a part file derived from an assembly in order to patch holes (simplify the geometry for an electrostatic simulation). Unfortunately any time I made changes to the skeleton file which drives the asembly, and update the derived part file, the hole patching range jumps back to its default values: min=10mm, max=999999mm, which means that ALL of my holes disappear, even the big ones which are an important feature of my geometry. I need to set it every time manually again. I consider this is a bug unless there is an explanation why this must be like that. 

Thank you

Daniel

Inventor 2014

Employee
MingweiGao
Message 2 of 4 (166 Views)

Re: Hole patching problem (part derived from assembly)

10-24-2013 08:25 PM in reply to: barnadaniel

Hi Daniel,

I have a try but I cannot reproduce your problem. Can you share your dataset to me and I can do some investigation of it? My email address is Mingwei.gaoATautodeskDOTcom

Mingwei Gao
Software QA Engineer
Inventor Quality Assurance Team

ktb
ktb
Message 3 of 4 (98 Views)

01-15-2014 03:42 AM in reply to: MingweiGao

Sorry for bumping a rather old thread, but was there any solution to this issue?

I am seeing the same problem here now and can't make it work....

Distinguished Contributor
barnadaniel
Message 4 of 4 (78 Views)

01-16-2014 07:55 AM in reply to: ktb
Well it was some time ago but as far as I remember there was no solution and I kept resetting the parameters manually.
Daniel

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube