Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole patching problem (part derived from assembly)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
barnadaniel
417 Views, 3 Replies

Hole patching problem (part derived from assembly)

Hello,

I have a part file derived from an assembly in order to patch holes (simplify the geometry for an electrostatic simulation). Unfortunately any time I made changes to the skeleton file which drives the asembly, and update the derived part file, the hole patching range jumps back to its default values: min=10mm, max=999999mm, which means that ALL of my holes disappear, even the big ones which are an important feature of my geometry. I need to set it every time manually again. I consider this is a bug unless there is an explanation why this must be like that. 

Thank you

Daniel

Inventor 2014

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MingweiGao
in reply to: barnadaniel

Hi Daniel,

I have a try but I cannot reproduce your problem. Can you share your dataset to me and I can do some investigation of it? My email address is Mingwei.gaoATautodeskDOTcom

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Message 3 of 4
ktb
Participant
in reply to: MingweiGao

Sorry for bumping a rather old thread, but was there any solution to this issue?

I am seeing the same problem here now and can't make it work....

Message 4 of 4
barnadaniel
in reply to: ktb

Well it was some time ago but as far as I remember there was no solution and I kept resetting the parameters manually.
Daniel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report