Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole feature On Point question.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
scott.monk
1076 Views, 2 Replies

Hole feature On Point question.

Hello all,

I have run into this problem a couple of times using the hole feature and I'm obviously missing the "better way" of doing this. I want to use a sketch copied from another part which has position information for two (different) holes. If I use the "from sketch" option using a sketch containing center points that mark the two holes, the hole feature detects and makes both (the same). If I use either the "concentric" or "on point" options I can't select the point.

Obviously there are workarounds, such as deleting one of the two points in the sketch, and then repeating the operation, but this seems rather laborious...

Inventor Version 2013. File is attached.

Many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: scott.monk

Sounds like a basic misunderstanding of the Hole command options.

On point requires a Workpoint (a seldom used technique for placing holes).
Concentric requires solid or surface (not sketch) circle or cylinder.

I'm not sure what the rest of your problem description means?  But I think what you want to do is Ctrl click to unselect one of the points and then use that same sketch again to create a different size hole.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
scott.monk
in reply to: JDMather

Ahhhh - Control click to deselect.

That solces the problem.

Many thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report