Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Cell Borders in Table driven by Excel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nickv02
1311 Views, 3 Replies

Hide Cell Borders in Table driven by Excel

I am using a link to an .xls worksheet to populate a General Table in my .idw (Inventor 2012).  See attached.  The blank space underneath the first lines of information will always be blank, no matter how many rows we get.  Is there a way to have the drawing hide the blank/empty cells, make the borders invisible, etc? 

I have tried using the Insert Object for an Excel file instead of using the Table feature, but it does not appear to be an updatable link.  As in, if I change data in my .xls file, it won't update the inserted object to the same info.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: nickv02

I doubt it..

If you use paste special and check the "link" box it will work just fine without using Inventors crappy general table functionality.  And you can hide the gridlines in excel too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
nickv02
in reply to: mcgyvr

Why does the inserted object have such terrible quality in the .idw?

Even when I print to PDF it looks terrible.

Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: nickv02

@nickv02 wrote:

Why does the inserted object have such terrible quality in the .idw?

Even when I print to PDF it looks terrible.

Its always looked crappy in the IDW.. But its always fine when I print to PDF or a paper printout

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report