Inventor General

mrbunny1725
Message 1 of 3 (514 Views)
Accepted Solution

Help with inventor 2014

514 Views, 2 Replies
11-15-2013 01:23 PM

I got the body of the automoblox people done and it's telling me that I have to use slice graphics and project geometry to make the head. I attached the directions here. I've been trying to work on it but I don't understand what it's trying to tell me. Thanks in advance!

wwoehlke
Message 2 of 3 (501 Views)

Re: Help with inventor 2014

11-15-2013 02:08 PM in reply to: mrbunny1725
OK, i didn't read the whole thing, I'm not sure at which point you are getting stuck. But it looks like they want you to make a work axis down the vertical center which you will probably use to revolve around after making a sketch. Then it says to pick a square face and create a sketch on it. Then you want to slice graphics because the sketch plane falls inside at least some of the part you already made. This will allow you to see fully what you draw on this next sketch, and not have it be hidden by the existing material. It's just a graphical peek inside to see what you're doing. Then it says to project the geometry of the existing part, so that when you start sketching you have reference points you can use. The outlines of the existing geometry then become an active part of the new sketch and you can use them in your next extrusion. I hope that helps explain a little bit of why you're doing those steps.
_________________________________________________________________________________
*CUSTOM*
Intel Xeon E5-2670 Core i7, 32.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K4000, Samsung SSD 840, Intel SCSI Raid 10 2TB Volume, Windows 7 64-Bit, AutoCAD 2012, Inventor 2012, Solidworks 2012, Nitro Pro 8
_________________________________________________________________________________
Product Support
bob.holland
Message 3 of 3 (497 Views)

Re: Help with inventor 2014

11-15-2013 02:14 PM in reply to: mrbunny1725

If you do not know how to access slice graphics, you can use F7.

For additional information:

http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2014/ENU/Inventor/files/GUID-86DA98A1-9946-4662-A42A-7019E77D3C2E...

Have a great weekend.

Bob Holland

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube