*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 11 of 18 (197 Views)

Re: Help with iLogic

02-29-2012 04:50 AM in reply to: n00kie.tdc

That's very easy to do from iLogic. Your code will look something like:

iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number") = "SWEP " & HE_TYPE

iProperties.Value("Project", "Description") = numberOfPlates & " plates"

Replace numberOfPlates with whatever parameter your using to hold that value.

Try playing around with the snippets. They're useful.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Valued Contributor
n00kie.tdc
Message 12 of 18 (195 Views)

02-29-2012 05:20 AM in reply to: mrattray

Thanks =)

I was doing the same, but I don't know why it didn't worked. Seriously. With this code it does work. I am quiet newbie in iLogic. How is it possible to leave a space between words? For examle:

iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number")="SWEP"&HE_type

iProperties.Value("Project", "Description")=Number_of_plates&"Plates"

In this case in iProperties it just writes SWEPIC5 - without any spaces between words SWEP and IC5. What sign gives a space between words? The same with Number of plates =)

And still haven't found out how to make so when I am placing the Heat exchanger in the assembly from the content center and it asks me save the file, so it will save it in a way of SWEP IC5- 47 Plates. i will try to play around =))

Thank you very much for helping! 

Running on:
HP Z400 Workstation
Processor- Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3565 @3.20GHz
RAM- 6.00 GB
64 BIT
Valued Contributor
n00kie.tdc
Message 13 of 18 (193 Views)

02-29-2012 05:42 AM in reply to: n00kie.tdc

I found out, sorry i slightly changed your code form the beginning. Just deleted the space =)))

Now I found out. =D sorry for confusing =DDD

Only one question left. The file naming =D 

Running on:
HP Z400 Workstation
RAM- 6.00 GB
64 BIT
Valued Contributor
n00kie.tdc
Message 14 of 18 (187 Views)

02-29-2012 06:34 AM in reply to: n00kie.tdc

I found out one more problem now.

I made an iPart and it looks like this:

1.JPG

And then I am adding my part to the Content Center. When i choose parameters that will be flexible (to choose) I choose Number_of_plates (this is from iLogic) BUT I don't have parameter HE_type. So I choose another Parameter from iPart table- Member. And also add Number_of_plates. So in total two parameters are KEY.

2.JPG 

When I add a part to assembly from Content Center it shows me all the data as it should:

3.JPG

But when I add the part no matter which of HE_type do I choose it still makes the Heat Exchanger with sizes of IC5, BUT Number_of_plates seem to work perfectly.

Any suggestions how this can be solved?

As I understood when I am publishing the part I should choose HE-type as a main parameter for Content Center, but there is no such thing. How can I do that another way? Or maybe I should make column in a table of iPart as CUSTOM? 

but the funniest thing that FILE NAMING is working now... that's weird =D 

Running on:
HP Z400 Workstation
RAM- 6.00 GB
64 BIT
*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 15 of 18 (177 Views)

02-29-2012 07:08 AM in reply to: n00kie.tdc

I'm not familiar with content center, I don't use it.

I don't think you really want to use iParts. I've always had problems trying to use iParts with iLogic in them. It's like they don't get along. Maybe there's too many i's...

I would simply make a form for the heat exchanger with a "trigger" rule that brings the form up on the place component event. This way you simply place the part like any other part and when you do it brings up a form where you can select from a list your type and type in the number of plates.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Valued Contributor
n00kie.tdc
Message 16 of 18 (158 Views)

03-06-2012 01:34 AM in reply to: mrattray

Well, it could be the solution, but I would really loved to create a Content Center library with all the parts our Company is using in assemblies. And make it as simple as possible. So whenever you take a heat exchanger from Content Center it will be created by simply choosing correct heat exchanger and number of plates.

But in your case I would need to have this original file somewhere in specific directory and then copy it all the time to a new project folders, agree that it is not hard deal, but still, would like to struggle with ilogic. 

Running on:
HP Z400 Workstation
RAM- 6.00 GB
64 BIT
*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 17 of 18 (142 Views)

03-07-2012 04:31 AM in reply to: n00kie.tdc

OK, I think the problem is with using a text parameter. I added a numeric user parameter and set it key assigning to it the same value in each row as your IC number.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Valued Contributor
n00kie.tdc
Message 18 of 18 (99 Views)

04-03-2012 05:22 AM in reply to: mrattray

i don't think that it is the problem. Well at least for me it didn't work.

The part seem to changhe ok when it is just a part and I change between parameters within the table. But then I place this part into the content center library and here starts the problem. Though i have different Heat Exchanger types, i choose one or another they all appear as they all have the same size. No matter if I choose IC5 or IC120 they are the same size when I take them from Content Center.

I don't know but it looks like the FAMILY table has absolutely nothing to do with sizes, and that is so weird. 

Running on:
HP Z400 Workstation
RAM- 6.00 GB
64 BIT

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube