Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a pattern controlled with iLogic

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rdiamond113
617 Views, 3 Replies

Help with a pattern controlled with iLogic

Hello Inventors, 

I have an issue that I need help on and that is I have a pattern of holes (exactly 3) on an object and when the object height changes so does the pattern base on height. My issue is that i need to create a rule or code that ensures that apart from the first hole (which is fixed), the remaining two holes are at a location that is divisible by 6. The reason being that this is a sheet metal part and our punch press has a template for aligning punches at every 6 IN. We are using iLogic to automate some of our designs and the code is needed to eliminate having to worry if the punches are at the correct location for faster production. I have raked my brain over this one, if anyone has help on this it would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Product Design Suite 2015, Windows 7, 64 bit

"Pushing the envelope, just to watch it bend"
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Yijiang.Cai
in reply to: rdiamond113

If you could provide one image or model for more details about your concern, it should be more helpful for us to investigate it.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 4
rdiamond113
in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

Just imagine a piece of flat stock steel that is "X" by "Y", and I have a pattern running along the "Y" distance. The starting point in the pattern is fixed at 6" from the edge of the flat stock. I will have iLogic code adjusting the pattern but my issue is that when the spacing is determined, the location of the remaining points in the pattern have to be a multiple of 6

Product Design Suite 2015, Windows 7, 64 bit

"Pushing the envelope, just to watch it bend"
Message 4 of 4
Yijiang.Cai
in reply to: rdiamond113

Based on the details from you, I created one part with iLogic rule. Please take a look. And you could update the parameters "Height", "Gap" and "Space" for more result.

Hope it helpful for you!

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report