Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Dynamic Simulation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sandhus
182 Views, 2 Replies

Help with Dynamic Simulation

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the dynamic simulation environment in Autodesk Inventor, and I am having issues with constraints not being properly converted over to joints. I have attached the files I am working with for reference. I would really appreciate , if anybody can open the assembly files (cossack3.iam) and let me know what am I doing wrong.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
admaiora
in reply to: sandhus

Hi Sandhus,

Your mechanism is overconstrained.
As a matter of fact it has 2 degrees of redundancy.
It is a message error, but often (keeping clearly what happen) can be ignored.

11.jpg

If in a status of forces and constrains you have more constrains that necessary the system become indeterminate.
In your case the visive dynamic simulation will works but the distribution of forces and moments can be altered due the redundancy.

Automatic conversion of constraints is good because is fast and do for you a lots of work..but as all the thing done quickly needs often to be adjusted.
Your cylindrical 8 for example has already a reduced degree of freedom due the other joints inserted.

So you have to eliminate the redundancy.

You can do this bye release the unecessary degrees of freedom eliminating constraints, changing the dof of joints, eliminating joints and repositioning with onother solution..etc

In this case for a quicker solution i have inserted correct joints,and converted some, weld parts...etc

I suggest to read all about all this here:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-52759907-19F4-4D20-A950-C70F1EA7D751

and a review of the assembly constraints:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-2DFEAF48-DCBF-4781-9AC7-76D91DC2D896

Attached i have attached the assembly,done with 2014,  i don't know your release and  if you can open it.

I hope that it can helps you.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
admaiora
in reply to: admaiora

Smiley Happy

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report