Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed with Assembly constraints

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
gentijo-inventor
482 Views, 4 Replies

Help needed with Assembly constraints

Attached is a 3 part assembly that is a subset of a bigger assembly that I am working on..

I have a feeling that part of my problem is related to the fact that the Roto_85FS is a part that was imported

from a Solidworks assembly. Actually the .sldprt was saved as a parasolid part, then the parasolid part

was imported into inventor..

If you look at Mate 7 & 8 on the axis, the axis are both in alignment. i.e. If I ask the constrain tool to

predict the offset, it comes back with 0, but as soon as I add both 7 & 8, then they conflict. Either

will stand on their own..

When I try to diagnose the conflict, it just tells me that there is a conflict. I can't find and detail about

the conflict.. i..e is it an angular offset that I can't see or an offset that it can't resolve.

I am using this same constraint scheme on two other parts mounted to the same base plate and they

matched up fine, the difference is that those two parts were modeled directly in Inventor..

I thought there was possibly a angular offset in the solid works part, which us just a 3D mesh after

the import. So I created an extrusion on the XY Plane with a hole in it so that all 4 holes were perpendicular

to the XY plane replacing the holes in the mesh, but it did not help..

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also any pointers on how to get more detailed constraint conflict

informate would be helpful too..

I am using Inventor 2015 running on Win7 64bit..

-John

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
admaiora
in reply to: gentijo-inventor

Hi John,

they are not equals.

They may appears, but they don't.

There is a difference due the translation of 0.00017  mm
 as you can see in the video.

i hope that it can helps you.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: admaiora

Hi! Indeed, this is a precision issue. Great detective work! The hole span in the sheet metal part is inconsistent with the imported body. To fix it, simply edit 85fs_rear_mount.ipt and edit Sketch4 (consumed by Cut2. Change the hortizontal dimension 51.423 to 51.423167478 (the exact distance measured from the imported body). After that, the constraint error will go away.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 5
gentijo-inventor
in reply to: admaiora

Thank you very much, the video was great especially on how to change the decimals
Message 5 of 5

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report