Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having to scroll through 2015 keyboard commands?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
hheng1111
685 Views, 9 Replies

Having to scroll through 2015 keyboard commands?

Hello all,

I've just started working with Inventor Pro 2015 and have noticed that when I press my usual keyboard commands, the command that was typically used in that category/environment is not being selected. Instead I'm getting this "Command alias input" message at the bottom left of the screen where I have to scroll through the various commands that have the same key assigned and hit enter to actually get the command running. I've attached a photo of the message. Is there a way to just have it select the command for that category like it did in Inventor 2014? Thanks in advance for your help!

Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: hheng1111

Right click on the ribbon and select "Customize user commands" then go to the "keyboard" tab.

Uncheck "use default multi-character command aliases"

Then try again.. Is that what you want?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 10
hheng1111
in reply to: mcgyvr

That box wasn't checked when I first checked these options.
Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015
Message 4 of 10
bob_holland

hheng1111,

Can you tell us if you have a 3Dconnexions device with programmed buttons?

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 5 of 10
hheng1111
in reply to: bob_holland

I don't have one of those devices, just your typical keyboard and mouse.
Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015
Message 6 of 10
mcgyvr

If when you type "c" and you get that it simply means there is more than one hotkey thats starts with C..

You can always simply modify the hotkeys (delete the others that start with c in that environment). 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 7 of 10
hheng1111
in reply to: mcgyvr

I know there's more than one hotkey that starts with the letter and I understand that you can change them, but this isn't how it worked in 2014. I have the same hotkeys that I had in 2014, so I would like the program to act the same as it did before. In the "C" hotkey example, I get to choose from "Center Point Circle" and "Center Mark". One key is assigned to the Sketch category and the other is assigned to the Annotation category. I'm not sure why the Sketch key is being offered to me as an option if I'm not even in a sketch.
Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015
Message 8 of 10
rdyson

Yep, in 2015 they made the sketch tab always available (for God know what reason). So any hotkey that shared between your present environment and the sketch environment will need additional input. I think Bob was alluding the opportunity to map commands to the 3D controller (which I have done).

PDSU 2016
Message 9 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: rdyson

yeah...They will change stuff (options/defaults/button placement,etc...) from release to release for seemingly no reason (job security maybe).. Just because it didn't do it in 2014 doesn't mean there is a problem. Its sold as "continuous improvement" 😉

Message 10 of 10
rhasell

I discovered that as well

I saw it written somewhere, but I can't find it anymore... But everything has now got a 'Ctrl + Shift' tacked on to it. I assume it is due to the sketch tab being always available.

I am slowly getting used to the new commands, but the muscle memory in my fingers is struggling to re-learn the new commands.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report