Inventor General

Active Contributor
orchjam
Message 1 of 12 (447 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hatch not showing when converting to DWG. Strange problem. Inventor 2013

447 Views, 11 Replies
11-28-2012 08:28 AM

Hello.  I'm having lots of trouble converting from Inventor to AutoCAD DWG.  Here is the situation.

I installed a brand new install of 2013 Product Design Suite Premium on a new machine.  When I go to run Inventor everything seems to work fine.  I make a drawing of a part and export to DWG.  That's a requirement here.  When I go to open the file in AutoCAD, the hatch pattern doesn't show and it looks like the boundaries for the hatch move to 0,0,0.  Very stange and I haven't been able to figure this out.  I installed Premium on another machine and performed the same export.  Works fine on the other machine.  The other machine however,  has 2012 installed as well. Could this simply be a bad install?  Please help.  Really confused about this one.

Many thanks.

Jim O
Baker Hughes.

Product Support
innovatenate
Message 2 of 12 (429 Views)

Re: Hatch not showing when converting to DWG. Strange problem. Inventor 2013

11-28-2012 03:57 PM in reply to: orchjam

Which export/save as options are you using? Have tried modifying any of options that you are currently using? It could be that the settings you were using have been reset...

Save As Options.PNG

Nathan Chandler

Active Contributor
orchjam
Message 3 of 12 (426 Views)

11-28-2012 04:00 PM in reply to: innovatenate

Hi.  Yes.  I modified the option for the proper ini file and the proper template file.  Doesn't seem to make a difference.

Product Support
innovatenate
Message 4 of 12 (419 Views)

11-28-2012 04:11 PM in reply to: orchjam

On the other machine, are you logged in with the same user profile? You may try running DWG TrueView 'As Administrator' once on the machine.

Nathan Chandler

*Expert Elite*
dan_inv09
Message 5 of 12 (414 Views)

11-28-2012 04:31 PM in reply to: orchjam

I'm probably wrong but, Inventor drawings usually have a tan background and AutoCAD, it seems to me, usually has a black or other dark background. Black lines on the Inventor tan background automatically become white on AutoCAD's dark background. But Inventor doesn't like black, it has this purple color that is often a default, and seems to find an excuse to change things to it if you are not careful. Your hatching may look black in Inventor, but actually be a purple that you can't see in AutoCAD.

Now, I don't know about the boundaries moving so that makes me think I'm probably wrong but I just wanted to take an opportunity to rant about colors. I used to have some sort of viewer where I could open AutoCAD drawings as all black, last time I tried to look at a vendor or customer drawing all the text was yellow, but the viewer (what is it? True View or something like that)  has a white background - very good, thank you oh so very much, really.

Active Contributor
orchjam
Message 6 of 12 (383 Views)

12-03-2012 10:31 AM in reply to: innovatenate

Thanks for the reply.  That didn't seem to do it.  Is this starting to look like an install issue?  Is there a system variable I can mess around with?  This is very perplexing.  I don't know where to go from here.

*Pro
jletcher
Message 7 of 12 (366 Views)

12-03-2012 10:58 AM in reply to: orchjam

Use Autocad to put in new hatch this gets the drawing done. As far as a fix have you installed all hotfixes and patches?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

James Letcher
2012 Factory Design Suite ( will not load 2013)
What happen to my Inventor :-(
Active Contributor
orchjam
Message 8 of 12 (350 Views)

12-03-2012 01:50 PM in reply to: jletcher

Hi Jletcher.  I don't think that service patches are the issue because we installed the same version on the other machine and it works fine.

Active Contributor
orchjam
Message 9 of 12 (344 Views)

12-03-2012 03:36 PM in reply to: orchjam

Ok Guys.  I think I got it.  It seems to be the permissions. I logged on as myself on the machine in question and it worked.  Can you guys tell me why? I am however running an iLogic routine to automate the process of converting the drawing.  Maybe that's it?

Active Contributor
orchjam
Message 10 of 12 (287 Views)

12-06-2012 10:13 AM in reply to: orchjam

Hi Guys.  Well I've installed service pack 1.1 on his machine.  That didn't work.  It's still not writing the DWG file correctly.  Starting to think this may be a bug. But I'm able to do this with my profile so. PLEASE PLEASE help.  This is going to ive me a heart attack.

Many thanks.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube