Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handrail Generator

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kajobus
4281 Views, 7 Replies

Handrail Generator

Hi, does Inventor have a "Handrail Generator" ?

How do I access it ?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
stephengibson76
in reply to: kajobus

I did my own set of templates in Inventor 10 or 11, this is an example of one...

I would do it with ilogic nowdays so it would be a better idea to start from scratch rather than trying to change my existing templates.  If you want to take a look, drop me an email and I will send the full set, but like I said, DIY for ease of use and future changes

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/clever-little-sign-function/m-p/1861122/highlight/tr...

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 3 of 8
kajobus
in reply to: stephengibson76

Hi

This is a once of and I was looking for a Quick Fix

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
FProcp

The BIG thing lacking in Inventor is structural capability. It's like all the ingredients are there, and the cake is ready to cook.
We've got the brilliant frame generator, out-of-this-world iLogic and super skeleton modelling capabilities but no structural. We now just need structural steel modelling power.
Sadly my employer uses different software for structural. Why can't we have handrails, bolte connections, stairs, ladders, etc. in INVENTOR.
Franco
GMT +08:00
Message 5 of 8
stephengibson76

Just sweep a shape if its a one off...  I personally dont like design decelerators such as frame generator and prefer to do it myself so I know its right.  I have also worked in many different industries with Inventor and like the fact that it is vanilla flavor that you can customize yourself to suit the application.  I personally would not like to see industry specific addins because it just takes resourse away from getting the core program right and adds a load of extra bits to go wrong, good for marketing but poor for 90% of end users that will never touch the features

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 6 of 8
stevec781

Not sure about 2012 but in 2011 you cant dimension the length of an arc in a sketch which makes it really painfull to get the length of a sweep path with an arc into the BOM, so I just use frame generator for my handrails.  Its fast and BOM creation is easy.

Message 7 of 8
FProcp

Yeah you're right. There's always Revit Structural if you want to design a bridge or mining proce$$ing plant. Or there's lots of competitors too with structural packages, eg. Tekla, Bentley Prosteel, Solid Edge, etc (these are the packages everyone in my town is turning to). Smiley Mad

Franco
GMT +08:00
Message 8 of 8
dave.anderson

Have you looked into iCopy at all? Seems like it may be a good fit.
http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2011/Help/User's_Guide/104Assemblies/1374Buildassemblies/1...

I hope this helps on your quest.

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report