Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
harpreetwaraich
188 Views, 1 Reply

HELP!!

Hi 

If anyone have some clue regarding the following issue pls reply!

While using inventor 2013 assembly" module, EXTRUDE option doesn't work for me properly. In the extrude options just the "extrude cut" is enabled rest all the options are disabled. So if i try to extrude something in the inventor assembly it doesnt work, nor the box option works.

Moreover the create 3D sketch command in inventor 3d is also disabled in assembly. I have tried to fix it through the "customize user command options" but it doesnt work for me! so i cant create a 3d sketch in assembly.

Please advise!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: harpreetwaraich

Normal behavior.

In the real world if you assembled a bunch of parts - how would you add material to them?  You only cut material from an assembly.  (except rare cases like spray metal build-up)

Edit your part in the context of the assembly or outside of the assembly to add material.

This is usually covered early on in training, but if you think of using Inventor as though you were out on the shop floor making/assembling things you get the idea of how to follow usual workflow in Inventor.

If you run into trouble you can't figure out - attach your assembly here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report