Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: Template Files missing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
bmcv
9195 Views, 6 Replies

HELP: Template Files missing

hey all,

I have a 2010 Inventor AutoCAD suite. I have been using AutoCAD for over a year now. But i have only recently started using Inventor. I have been having issues in that i couldnt start a part/assembly/drawing with the seemingly all important template.

Its taken me a bit, but it looks like there is supposed to be default templates in my template folder which simply arnt there. I dont want to do a re-install (if that would even work) so i was wondering if anyone could help me out and upload their default template folder for me. it has to be 2010.... have had my mate send his 2011 templates and it comes up with an error saying something along of the lines of "this schema is a newer then this version of software"

Templates should be located at:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2010\Templates

Should be some metric and imperials ones from what ive researched.

Thanks in advance for any help

Brenno

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
stephengibson76
in reply to: bmcv

If no one sends you the templates, simply open one of your parts, assemblies and drawings, strip everything out of them and save them in the default template directory

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 3 of 7
alewer

You already have a copy of the templates at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2010\Templates.

Message 4 of 7
bmcv

Alewer

i wish it were that simple. Thats the prob mate, the template folder is empty when it should have default templates in it. No idea why that is as i havent been playing around with any files etc in Inventor at all to date.

stephengibson76

I might have to just do that.....though i cant even open up a new drawing file... I can open up a part file no worries without the template, but cannot open a new drawing.

Arrrg, very fustrating!! Might just have to do a re-install and hope the files turn up this time round. You've got to realise the license key though dont you for a re-install?? Probably an ignorant question.

Message 5 of 7
marshaltu

Hi,

It may not be necessary to reinstall Inventor to restore template files. You may try to find the template file from Inventor setup files. For example: "<Inventor setup root folder>\x86\en-US\Inventor\Application Data\Autodesk\Inventor 2010\Templates"

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 7
bmcv
in reply to: marshaltu

MARSHALTU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sir are a legend!

Found it on disc 2 of the installtion... followed your adress and bam there they were. Have copied across and it worked like it was made for it...go figure lol.

Thanks again! Legend!

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

My template files are missing too.  I have Inventor 2012 though.  I have looked for the root folder and it's not there.  What should i search for?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report