Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP Missing Inventor Studio 2010

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Econdron
334 Views, 5 Replies

HELP Missing Inventor Studio 2010

Recently I came into work one morning, turned the computer on, opened Inventor, and suddenly Inventor Studio isn't showing up as an option and I can no longer "export to PDF". It just comes up as an error message saying I can't save as that type (it's not the right type of file). It's Inventor 2010 BTW. Both of these features I use on a daily basis and can't get it fixed. I've had issues with the Studio icon going missing before but was always able to go into the command prompt and uninstall and re install the studio file in the bin file of Inventor. No it's not helping getting the button back. I even uninstall Inventor and reinstalled it on the computer and the same thing is happening. 

I don't recall changing anything on the computer that might make this happen, but do you have any idea how I can fix this??

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: Econdron

Hello,

First thing... a Subject of HELP! will get a lot fewer people looking at your post than one that partially describes the issue.  In this case somehting like Inventor Studio missing in IV 2010.

Ok, on to that.  have you looked under Tool\Add Ins?  (I have 2013 so I don't know what it looks like in 2010) 

addin.JPG

I suspect that it is not set to load automatically.  Set it up so it looks like this and see if that solves the problem.

Message 3 of 6
Econdron
in reply to: cbenner

Yes, that list comes up completely blank.

Message 5 of 6
mslosar
in reply to: Econdron

FWIW, i had a similar issue. You won't like the resolution though.

In my case, I added 2013 in addition to 2010. There's not a problem, really, having multiple versions on a machine. That is, unless your IT department heavily restricts your computer usage rights.

In our case, we discovered that for some reason, Autodesk wrote Inventor to switch between versions by having the main EXE file set MANY different registry entries in the local machine area so that it can find many of it's tools upon detecting the version. (I.e., run Inventor 2010 and it sets everything to to look for 2010 versions in 2010 paths).

Like I said, usually it's not a problem. But when your rights are locked down - it can't reset the paths and looks for the 2010 stuff under 2013 and it won't load - pulling up the dialog mentioed above gives you a nice big empty box with no way to add anything.

That was the problem here. Our resolution? Dumping 2010 and going to 2013. All existing projects had to be migrated and fortunately we didn't have much of any issues in that regard.

Check your rights and if you're just a home user, make sure you've not added any registry protection software that might be overzealously blocking inventor's registry access for setting it's own paths.

Usually a change like this occurs due to something recently added to or update on your computer.

Message 6 of 6
Econdron
in reply to: cbenner

I've attached 3 screen shots. One showing the enviroments tab showing only "convert to weldment" is available, the other showing the "manage add-ins" box being empty, and the other showing what happens when I try to export to PDF. 

I work for a small company (only 3 of us) so there is no IT department and this computer is almost 10 years old and can't support any newer versions. I tried installing the student version and if froze up the whole computer every time I tried to open it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report