Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HATCH PATTERNS BY SCALE

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
RDG3PO
1749 Views, 1 Reply

HATCH PATTERNS BY SCALE

HI ALL,

I've figured out how to assign hatch patterns to materials via the style editor. What I can figure out is how to provide different scales for the hatch pattern depending on the material. 

For example, I have 3 different densities of foam. We use the CUST27 hatch pattern for foam, but with the scale changed for each of the three densities. I can edit the foam, change the scale, and rename the hatch all in the Style and Standard Editor which then shows up in the Hatch Section of the feature tree to the left. But that newly created hatch pattern isn't available to assign to the specific materual when I return to the Standard

INVENTOR 2014 STANDARD
IOSX and PARALLELS
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bgarden
in reply to: RDG3PO

Quickest way as far as I can tell would be to first EXPORT the CUST27 hatch style from the Styles Editor. (Choose Hatch on the left hand side, then select "other" from the pull down menu for available hatch styles.  Select the CUST27 style from the list and choose Export.  Save as "CUST27x2".

Next, open the exported hatch pattern in notepad.  Make sure you change the name inside the hatch pattern to CUST27x2 also.

Scale up the values in CUST27x2 to reflect 2 x scale.  (0, 0, 0, 0.0625, 0.25, 0, -0.25).  Re-Save the hatch pattern.

Back in Inventor, in the Styles Editor, choose "other" again from available hatch styles and Import your new Hatch Style.

You should now be able to go to your Material Hatch Pattern Defaults and assign CUST27 and CUST27 x 2 to various material styles.

I hope this helps.

Brent.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report