Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide Lines to Patch Boundary

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CAD-One
358 Views, 2 Replies

Guide Lines to Patch Boundary

Can we add guide lines to surface patch boundary ?

I dont see any guide line option. The only options are G0,G1 & G2 continuty.

Link

Any ways to add guide lines like in a Loft?

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jakefowler
in reply to: CAD-One

Hi CAD-One,

Many thanks for submitting your query. Unfortunately, Boundary Patch does not currently support guide rail definitions - only the boundary geometry and tangency conditions of the surface can be defined. However, we do understand that being able to define additional geometry constraints would offer some useful functionality for surfacing workflows, and I am forwarding your post to our management team as further evidence of this; this will be taken into consideration for future Inventor development plans.

For now, perhaps it’s possible to create your model with two or more connected surfaces (Lofts or Patches), using G2 constraints to ensure a smooth transition between them? If you find that this approach doesn't seem to be working for your design, I would be more than happy to take a look at your model and offer some support (this would work best if you are able to share the dataset: you could upload the model to the forum, or alternatively you can email it to me directly at jake [dot] fowler [at] autodesk [dot] com).

Look forward to hearing back from you,

Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 3 of 3
CAD-One
in reply to: jakefowler

Thanks jake. Will send you mu model. Sent from my iPhone
C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report