Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics lags when having sketch turned on. Inventor 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lch
Enthusiast
322 Views, 3 Replies

Graphics lags when having sketch turned on. Inventor 2014

Hi.

Im using Inventor 2014 SP1 on a HP Z620 with 2 CPU - 16GB Ram.

Graphic card is a AMD Firepro W7000 4GB.

When i am rotating a big assembly 500+ it doesnt lag that much, but when i have a sketch turned on at the same time, the graphic lags extremely when rotating.

I have tried all the recommended drivers and the newest drivers and nothing changes.

I tried different hardware settings in inventor (Performance, Compability, Quality) and there is no difference.

I also tried to change the graphic Card with a Nvidia GTX 660.

It rotates much better (smooth) in big Assy than my firepro but it is having the same issue when having a sketch turned on.

Do you have any input on this issue?

Lars.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ad64
in reply to: lch

I inquired about this issue over a year ago but received no reply:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/IV2013-sketch-envrionement-not-using-graphics-card/m-...

It seems almost as if Inventor does not use the graphics card at all for sketch geometry but instead does it all through the CPU. Unfortunately, since no one from Autodesk responded to my post, I couldn't confirm whether this is true. Whatever the cause is, it makes for frustratingly slow sketch performance.

Steve

Message 3 of 4
lch
Enthusiast

Hi Steve.

What you describe in youre post is excactly the same as i am fighting against.
Hoping someone will come up with an answer.

Lars
Message 4 of 4
rangt

I wish I had a better answer for you at this time.  We're aware of this issue and our graphics developers are working to improve it.  I don't have an ETA at this time.  I've asked the development team if there are any suggestions I can provide which might offer immediate help.  If they do suggest something I'll let you know.

Tom Rang
Software Quality Assurance Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report