Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glitchy inventor performance, and crashes. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
brwi85
408 Views, 6 Replies

Glitchy inventor performance, and crashes. Any ideas?

I have a pretty respectable workstation here that i do all of our Inventor work, as well as rendering, web design, graphic design, and pretty much anything else that needs to be done, the specs are as follows:

Core I5-2500 CPU

8Gb ram

FX580 GPU

64 bit windows 7

In IDW files, sometimes the view sortof deconstructs itself while panning and zooming until its unreadable, as shown in the attached picture. Usually if you just soom in and out and pan aggressibvely for a second, it resolves itself and becomes useable again. The other picture included is what its supposed to look like.

Other, possibly related problem is Video driver crashes. Screen blicks, inventor loses all window graphics and message popped up saying "Nvidia Driver XXX.XX has crashed, but has recovered" Then i have to close out of inventor and restart, or it will crash completely. 

Ive updated drivers many times to all different versions including autodesk certified versions. Inventor is the only program affected. All others, even rendering programs work without incident.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Ryan.Martinez
in reply to: brwi85

Did you try reinstalling/repair install?

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 3 of 7
jletcher

Sure would be nice to know the Inventor version.....

Message 4 of 7
brwi85
in reply to: jletcher

I havent tried a re-install yet. Im a bit nervous, as it took me quite a while to get it set up properly so that i could Import mechanical desktop files, and i'd hate to upset the balance.

Im on inventor 2012

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I would try completely uninstalling the graphics drivers, reboot, then reinstall the latest version.

What is your setting on application options, harware tab?

Message 6 of 7
Ryan.Martinez

I do not think a repair install will mess up your settings... But don't quote me on that.

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 7 of 7
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

I think your 580 card is also getting a little long in the tooth, look at a card that will handle Direct X 11. You are only able to get DirectX 10 with your Quadro 580 card.

Open a IPT part within Inventor and from the Applications/Hardware panel, run the diagnostic text. It will report a feature level (preformance level) for your card.

Current top level gamming cards in the G3D Mark return results in excess of 3,800. You Quadro FX 580 card returns a bench test of 444.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report