Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get total area from multible assembleys in drawing?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cahoe
270 Views, 3 Replies

Get total area from multible assembleys in drawing?

I'm laying out a drawing with all tabletops used in our project for a linolium- fitter to set a price on covering the about 12 tabletops in total.

I dont know if this is correct english or if it make sense at all, but what I was wondering about was: Could you retrive the total m2 of all the tabletops in a drawing? Or do I have to go back to the aim and get them one by one?

Thanks all you dear folks 😉

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ahadesign
in reply to: cahoe

If you are in a drawing you can use "region properties". If the drawing would be a top view of all tables you will need to create a sketch in the view, project all table contours and then click on every "table" to have them all included. You can then hit the "calculate" button.

Take care. At least in 2009 the region properties don't recognize the real object but work on the scale of the drawing view. So if your view would be 1:10 you would have to multiply the result by 100.

Message 3 of 4
PaulMunford
in reply to: cahoe

You could use the measure tool to get the are of single faces.

For a parametric soloution you would need to have a sketch for each face with length and Width parameters difined, which you could then use to get the area. 

If you expose the 'faceArea' parameter as an iProperty, you could bring them into a parts list and roll up the results...

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 4 of 4
cahoe
in reply to: PaulMunford

Cool thanks Fellars!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report