Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a drawing from a 3D .ipt file

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
caiokv
2617 Views, 4 Replies

Get a drawing from a 3D .ipt file

Hey everyone,

I did a 3D model on inventor, and now I need the drawing from the model, it is a simple axle, but I really can not figure how to do it. I have looked around, but I failed in finding an awnser. I am sure it is very simple, so if anyone could give me a hand it would be nice!

Thanks,

Caio

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: caiokv

You would need to create a drawing file in Inventor, and then place the model views.

File>New>Drawing>Base View Command (if your IPT file is still open it will default to this).

This is considered basic instruction knowledge, covered in the first couple hours of instruction. You should be looking for some instruction, either formal in a class-room or provided by a Value-Added Reseller or instructional books from a source such as Amazon.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
caiokv
in reply to: blair

Thanks for the reply, I do need to have some basic training, the last CAD software I used was ProE, a couple of years ago...

I can't launch the baseview command, I tryed to type it, and to launch it via the ribbons bar, but I could not find it.

Message 4 of 5
blair
in reply to: caiokv

All Inventor commands are Icon driven: Click on the stylized "I"  in the upper LH corner: this will bring up the box to get to the "New". Once you get the blank drawing on your screen the Upper LH command on the Ribbon menu will create your base-view.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
caiokv
in reply to: blair

Thanks very much! Feeling quite dumb now...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report