Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Bend Allowance Reported On Drawing.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JPrune
499 Views, 2 Replies

Get Bend Allowance Reported On Drawing.

I'm currently trying to figure out how I can get my Bend Allowances reported to the drawing of my Sheet Metal part.  I was thinking that using iLogic would be the best route, however, I'm having a hard time getting the active K Factor to report so I can use it for a Bend Allowance forumla. 

Do any of you have suggestions or answers?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bobvdd
in reply to: JPrune

You can create a generic bend table on a drawing view of a flat pattern and add the KFACTOR used for each bend as an extra column. See image below.

KFACTOR.jpg

Is that what you were looking for?

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 3 of 3
JPrune
in reply to: bobvdd

Sort of...  What I really want is to use that K Factor that shows up on the chart in an equation.  I'm trying to use an iLogic rule so one of my parameters will report my desired value for Bend Allowance or Bend Deduction.  However, using SheetMetal.ActiveKFactor refuses to report a K Factor when I'm using a Custom Equation to define my Unfold Rule.  The only time it will report a value is if I use a static K Factor.  However, Inventor is obviously calculating that K Factor to put on my drawings... 

So, how do I get to that value in an iLogic rule?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report