Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating a pdf with GD&T

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
chris30
730 Views, 6 Replies

Generating a pdf with GD&T

Is there a trick to generating a PDF with GDT symbols? 

If I create a PDF, and view the PDF on my computer, which has Inventor installed, the GDT symbols appear as expected.  When the PDF is opened on a computer which does not have Inventor installed, the GDT symbols (Flatness. Parrallelism, and Perpendicularity as examples) do not come through on the PDF.  It just shows a generic letter which has relation to the actual symbol.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Chris

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: chris30

How are you creating this PDF?

There are options to embed fonts

For my PDF printer the option is rely on document fonts or rely on system fonts..

If exporting from Inventor then I'm not sure.. I would expect that Inventor would automatically embed the fonts into the document. 

Its that AIGDT.ttf font..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
chris30
in reply to: mcgyvr

I'm using IV2014 to export as PDF.

Where are you seeing an option to embed fonts? That does not appear in the Options when creating the pdf in IV.
Message 4 of 7
mcgyvr

@CHriS wrote:
I'm using IV2014 to export as PDF.

Where are you seeing an option to embed fonts? That does not appear in the Options when creating the pdf in IV.

@mcgyvr wrote:

For my PDF printer the option is rely on document fonts or rely on system fonts..

If exporting from Inventor then I'm not sure.. I would expect that Inventor would automatically embed the fonts into the document. 

I don't use Inventors built in PDF export tool.. As I said above.. I just print to a "pdf driver" as then I have all the options/full control over whatever I want.. 
So those options are in the printing preferences for my PDF printer.. and I don't know where those settings are for Inventor or if they are even accessible at all.. They clearly aren't in the options in the export pdf save dialog.. 

I would expect that Autodesk embeds the fonts automatically so there is no setting but I guess not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 7
Paul-Mason

What font are you using?

I beleve that there have been several post in the past wehere certin fonts have caused this and other problems

I've been producing PDFs from IDW files for about 10 years with out problems, I ONLY use TIMES NEW ROMAN font which is pritty much supported by all programs, it also a neet loking font.

Have you chnecked to see if your settings in both the PDF export program your using and the PDF viewer

These are the settings that I'm using in Abode Pro XI

ScreenShot001.png

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 6 of 7
mdavis22569

Try using CutePDF 

http://www.cutepdf.com/

It's free and I've never had problems with any missing text or symbols.

Mike

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
chris30
in reply to: mdavis22569

By chance, that is exactly what I used, and it worked fine!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report