Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating Internal Bevel Gears

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
LewisGreenstein
702 Views, 2 Replies

Generating Internal Bevel Gears

Hi everyone, I recently started a project which requires either an internal bevel gear or a crown gear (something like this) and I was wondering if anyone knew of any programs/plugins which would make generating something similar easy.

I have make a quick mockup of what I would like it to be but I have no idea if the gears I have created would be funtional or not. I also don't have enough experience with Inventor to be able to simulate motion to see if they would work.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: LewisGreenstein

@LewisGreenstein wrote:

...I was wondering if anyone knew of any programs/plugins which would make generating something similar easy.

I also don't have enough experience with Inventor to be able to simulate motion to see if they would work.

The Gear Generator Design Accelerator within Inventor (must be in Assembly Environment).

You can simulate the motion with Drive Constraint, Inventor Studio Animate Constraint (or Parameter), or in Dymamic Simulation Environment if you have Inventor Professional.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
LewisGreenstein
in reply to: JDMather

JDMather wrote:

The Gear Generator Design Accelerator within Inventor (must be in Assembly Environment).

You can simulate the motion with Drive Constraint, Inventor Studio Animate Constraint (or Parameter), or in Dymamic Simulation Environment if you have Inventor Professional.

I know about the gear design accelerator but can it make gears like I was describing? 

I also understand how to animate motion, but I just havent figured out all the necisary constraints yet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report