Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General System Error - Entering Constraint Offset

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
karthur1
4551 Views, 4 Replies

General System Error - Entering Constraint Offset

Placed a sub into my assembly.  when I tried to enter an offset for a flush constriant, I get a "General System Error".  I can work around it by not entering in the fraction for the offset.  But it is a pain.

Does it everytime when I try to enter the fraction in the offset box.

2011-04-08_1508.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: karthur1

Will it work with a decimal rather than fraction?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
rajivsudhi

Please delete your Sub assembly. Open your Sub assy, Save and close. Again place it in the assy. It will work.

The general system error dosent come. You can give decimal units for offset.

Message 4 of 5
johnsonshiue

Kirk,

I cannot reproduce the General System Error message. But, I do see the fraction input getting rejected. This is due to Parameters not accepting fraction input in some cases, i.e. 3 2/5. In Parameters, the whole expression is being evaluated as an equation. If you input 2/5, it will be taken as 2 divided by 5. If you input 3 2/5, Inventor gets confused because of the space.

The only workaround other than inputting decimal point is replace the space with '+' sign. Then 3 2/5 should be input as 3+2/5.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Havent seen this in a while.  I wasnt "trying" to enter the offset as 1'-4/5".  I think that was a typo.  But it would not even allow me to enter a valid fraction, i.e., 1'-3 1/2".  Once I seen the GSE, I could only enter in a decimal for the offset.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums