Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geforce GTX570 vs. Quadro cards

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Teh_tourist
4223 Views, 16 Replies

Geforce GTX570 vs. Quadro cards

I'm putitng a system together and trying to decide whether to go Quadro or use a Geforce GTX570. The system will be used to put together 3D models that have anywhere from 13-100 parts and we will be running FEA analysis's on these parts. Will a Quadro like the 4000 prove to be much faster for these types of loads? There seems to be no information online showing parformance differences between Geforce and Quadro cards though I see people post in forums that they have switched from using Quadro to Geforce. Any help would be appreciated

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
sam_m
in reply to: Teh_tourist

dont bother with quadros (unless you're using any other software that needs OpenGL, eg other cad SW).

it's all been explained to death many a time (especially by myself)...  search for OpenGL and/or Quadro and should get a load of info.  sorry to be blunt, but it's frustrating typing and re-typing the same info over and over.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 3 of 17

I'd go with a 2GB 570 GTX.  It has a Win7 rating of 7.9.  GTX 560 is less expensive with a rating of 7.8

It's the card family I recommend. Both are also rated for Open/GL 4.1

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 4 of 17
sbauman67
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

Ok guys I have a little issue. Just built a new rig, see spec below:

Performance graphics issue.jpg

And installed Inventor 2012 on a vanallia install. Iinstalled the OS, Win 7 64bit, updated windows, instaled motherborad and video drviers, then installed inventor 2012, installed sp1 for inventor 2012 64bit

The issue is the toolbar ribbon is missing on the graphics? See below

Autodesk Inventor 2012-toolbar ribbon missing.png

Any ideas? Thanks

Steve

Message 5 of 17
cwhetten
in reply to: sbauman67

This looks suspect:

Untitled.png

There is something wrong with your drivers / card / installation, unless you really only have some old version of DirectX...

Message 6 of 17
PACDrafting

try installing the latest driver.

Message 7 of 17
sbauman67
in reply to: cwhetten

No dice, see below. I already have direct X 11 installed.

directX diagnostic.png

Message 8 of 17
sbauman67

I have the latest Nvidia driver installed. Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 17
PACDrafting

The 2 screen dumps are showing different DirectX versions?

Message 10 of 17
blair
in reply to: Teh_tourist

To have a graphics performance like that, I suspect that you have a power supply problem with the above-board power supply to your graphics card. You should have at least one power supply cable going directly to your graphics card.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 17
sbauman67
in reply to: PACDrafting

Good point, I will look at updating the firmware for the video card.

Message 12 of 17
sbauman67
in reply to: blair

The graphic card requires two 6 pin power connectors which are plugged in. If only one is pluged in the machine will not boot, so I think the power being supplied to the video card is adequate.

Message 13 of 17
blair

There's definitely something wrong. A soft clay brick and sharp pointed stick will produce a graphics performance index of "1"

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 14 of 17
DarrenP

i would run a stress test on the graphics card

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 15 of 17
sbauman67
in reply to: DarrenP

• PACD-I think you might be right, the inconsistency may be pointing to the problem. Maybe the firmware on the video board?
  • Darren - Maybe you are on to something, CPU (prime95) and GPU (FurMark) stress tested both failed.

CPU burn in test.png

Graphics card burn in test.png

• Blair-I have checked the power cables to the graphics card and everything looks correct. Two single power cables directly from the power supply are plugged into the graphics card.

Power plugged in.JPG

The next things I am going to try:

1. I am going to check the motherboard Bios and make sure the motherboard does not have an on-board video and if so make sure it is not on.
  2. I think the video card firmware may need to be updated due to the inconsistencies of the two different DirectX version reported back. But this is dangerous, I have never had to ever do this and I could end up with a brick.
  3. Pray

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will keep trying.

Steve

Message 16 of 17
blair

Try a different PCIe slot, you should always start with the #1 slot (closest to the CPU on most boards).

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 17 of 17
sbauman67

Doh! So after consulting a colleague in the IT department, our system administrator he found that the on-board video for the motherboard was still enabled.

Problem solved. Smiley Happy Make sure to turn off your on-board video in the bios or check to make sure you do not have one when installing a dedicated video card.

The video stress tested has passed and now I am trying to sort out why the CPU stress test is failing. Almost there, thanks for the help and suggestions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report