Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G-Code Output

32 REPLIES 32
Message 1 of 33
ChristianAlanJamesBerg
12525 Views, 32 Replies

G-Code Output

So I was speaking with someone about how Solidworks has the ability to output G-code to machine parts without the use of a seperate CAM software. Does anyone know if Inventor has the ability to do this with some sort of add on? Or even if Autodesk offers a program that does this that would work well with Inventor or if I must use a seperate CAM software to do it. I have used Mastercam in the past but wasn't sure if there was an easier way to do so.

32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33

@ChristianAlanJamesBerg wrote:

So I was speaking with someone about how Solidworks has the ability to output G-code to machine parts without the use of a seperate CAM software. ....

What version of SWx has this functionality?
Can you post a url to source of information?

My search didn't turn up anything like that.

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&q=solidworks+camworks&oq=solidworks+cam&gs_l=hp.1.2.0l4.31722...

Autodesk recently purchased a CAM software company.  They do not release timelines on stuff like this, but I wouldn't be surprised to see something coming up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 33

Perhaps he was speaking of some sort of an add-in for SolidWorks? In that case there may be something similar offered for Inventor, but I'm not aware of one of of the top of my head.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 33

I am not sure whether it was an add on or an integrated feature. I have asked and I will let you know when I hear back, I just wasn't sure whether or not there was currently something available for Inventor. 

Message 5 of 33

I have not used CAM software in several years, but I search turned up this

https://www.google.com/#output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=cam+in+autodesk+inventor&oq=cam+in+autodesk+i...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 6 of 33

@ChristianAlanJamesBerg wrote:

I am not sure whether it was an add on or an integrated feature. I will ask...

An add-on can be an integrated feature (functionality).  You should ask if it is OOTB SWx install, supported by SWx company or supported by some other company.

Message 7 of 33

So he just got back to me and it looks like he used http://www.hsmworks.com/ .

After looking through the website it appears this is the CAM company that Autodesk purchased in 2012

Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: ChristianAlanJamesBerg
Message 9 of 33
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

http://forum.hsmworks.com/index.php?topic=2228.0

SWEET!!!!. Finally. 

Now if I can just find out where to sign up for the beta??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 10 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr
Message 11 of 33
RobSinglehurst
in reply to: Anonymous

Does this link work for you? I get to my Autodesk Beta page and then get the attached when I click on the "Apply for Beta"

Unavailable.jpg

Cheers,
--Rob
Inventor 2024.2
Message 12 of 33
mcgyvr
in reply to: RobSinglehurst

I get the same Rob

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 13 of 33
mcgyvr

Sent an email to HSMworks and got this reply about the beta

@HSMworks wrote:

We will make a public note about it when it goes online. Stay tuned.

Typical Autodesk.. Their "web geeks" seem to always be a few days ahead of everything else. 
"oh its not ready?..heck we've had the webpage about it up for weeks now"

Message 14 of 33
RobSinglehurst

Smiley Wink

Cheers,
--Rob
Inventor 2024.2
Message 15 of 33

Link to CAM Beta Portal Sign-up

This link should take you to the "holding area" where people can apply for the Beta. Once the Beta is live you should be able to access the Inventor HSM Express page through the Portal home page.

I wasn't able to replicate the error you experienced. Can you replicate it? Just curious. If so, I need to get our Beta Portal guys to see what the problem could be.

If you need anything you can reach me at anthony dot graves @ autodesk.com.

Anthony Graves

Product Manager, CAM

Autodesk Inc.

Message 16 of 33
mrattray
in reply to: anthony.graves

I was able to reproduce the error using the link you posted.

Capture.PNG

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 17 of 33
anthony.graves
in reply to: mrattray

Thanks. I'll ask our guys to look into this immediately.

Anthony
Message 18 of 33

Hi Anthony,

When I follow that link and click on the link on the page I get the error (see screen capture above). Others are also getting that error.

Cheers,
--Rob
Inventor 2024.2
Message 19 of 33

Yeah I tried both links as well and endded with that same error.

Message 20 of 33

Thanks Anthony,

Can you confirm whether HSM Express supports CNC lathe paths?

Cheers,
--Rob
Inventor 2024.2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report