Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion for masochists

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
384 Views, 3 Replies

Fusion for masochists

Inventor really punishes you if you accidently trigger fusion. I think I am in the process of losing an hour or two worth of work. I know I know, save every five seconds. But both inventor and the fusion troll it spawned are not responding and I didn't notice what I did to trigger it.  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

... I didn't notice what I did to trigger it.  

Be careful when using the right mouse button.  You can accidently select Fusion to launch.
This is going to kill me in the classroom presentations or when students accidently trigger, now everyone in the class waiting 5 minutes for Fusion to load just so it we can return to Inventor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
2grumpy
in reply to: Anonymous

and that comment goes to all Inv command. in old good Autodesk we did have 'cancel' command. it worked brilliant. you make mistake - realize is wrong - press 'cancel' split second, couple of second command abounded. Inventor in theory does have it too - experience is quite different. i do prefer to let the command finish and than 'undo' - at list it does not crush software.

and one issue more. Inventor creates crush massage and if you include your email soon somebody will send email to you asking - can you reproduce your steps before crush?. most often i do not have a time on that. why inventor do not have way of collecting say 20 steps - commands leading to crush. Can't undo file be used for it?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

My computer isn't all that skimpy either. But fusion seemed to crash as it was being loaded and Inventor wouldn't move either. I finally killed fusion in Task Manager and Inventor recovered. I was able to save my work. I think I did see an option to turn off fusion and might do that since I rarely have an excuse to just free form model.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report