Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Inventor to Autocad dwg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Millehuse
2871 Views, 5 Replies

From Inventor to Autocad dwg

We lost our Autocad "guru" - and we are trying to manage our "safety walks drawings" in a less-hands-on manner.

Basically so far our autocad guy has sketched everything directly in autocad (buildings, rooms within buildings, safety walks etc etc) - so everytime a wall changes in a factory, he manually goes into the drawing in autocad - and sketches the new wall - changes the safety path etc.

This seems like a lot of manual work to me - seeing as our buildings are kept up to date in Inventor. Is it possible to export the building model from inventor to an autocad dwg - and have this dwg update whenever changes are made in the inventor 3d model?

I can pull in the dwg fine in autocad - but when I make changes to the 3d model in inventor - they dont "push through" in Autocad.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: Millehuse

Inventor will not push through to Autocad.  Two completely different programs.

You can save the inventor (.idw) out as an Autocad file (.dwg).

What might make it easier is if you had an iLogic routine that would run this for you, that might make it a little less painless.  Smiley Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
rdyson

You could recreate the Acad dwg by using Mechanical's Inventor Link. The Mech dwg will update with changes in IV.

Or create an Inventor dwg directly which can be read by Acad, although the views will be in paper space.

PDSU 2016
Message 4 of 6
Logos_Atum

Have a look at the Factory Designs Suite and it´s assets- it might be what you seek out.

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 5 of 6
PaulMunford

If your inventor drawing is a DWG, you can open it in AutoCAD and use the 'insert' tool to insert Inventor views as blocks.

long as you don't explode the blocks they will be updated the next time you use Inventor...

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 6 of 6
Millehuse

Thx a lot for all your suggestions .. will look deeper into it - and find something that will create a more natural workflow. Have Autocad training next month, that should help as well 😃

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report