Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Pictures?

74 REPLIES 74
SOLVED
Message 1 of 75
MikahB
3763 Views, 74 Replies

Friday Pictures?

Haven't seen any in a while though I haven't been on here as much lately either.

Here's a couple FIAT parts we're getting ready to release.  First is a Torque Strut (rendered in Showcase) and the 2nd is a WIP Upper Front Strut Mount replacement.

What are you guys/gals working on today?

Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB
74 REPLIES 74
Message 21 of 75
mpatchus
in reply to: CAG_DRAFT

I posted one shot of this project before, but I just found an old thumbstick that had more renders on it.

Its not actually a work project, but something I did just for the heck of it.

set1.jpg

set2.jpg

set5.jpg

set4.jpg

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 22 of 75
riff62
in reply to: riff62

As promised..Here is a screenshot of the linear accelerator I have been working on. All of the parts between the long cylinder on the left and the blue magnet on the right were recently replaced with what you see here. This is the layout I did for this project. Here is the website for the Lab where I work which gives an overview of some of the other things we do here. http://www.lepp.cornell.edu/
Message 23 of 75
riff62

****..That didnt work..lol lets try this again..
Message 24 of 75
jletcher

Depal.JPG

Message 25 of 75
mrattray
in reply to: jletcher

Here's my current project. It doesn't look impressive, but they have me banging 2-3 of these out a day.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 26 of 75
cmcconnell
in reply to: mrattray

That looks like a chip conveyor for a CNC machining center?

Mechanix Design Solutions inc.
Message 27 of 75
mrattray
in reply to: cmcconnell

Close! In fact I've made them for that application, but this one is actually for conveying BHSCS's for a fastener manufacturer.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 28 of 75
cmcconnell

Cool. What is a BHSCS?

Message 29 of 75
mrattray

Button Head Socket Cap Screw
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 30 of 75
mpatchus

Here's a rough casting and a finished machined part for a P-51 Mustang being restored.

Since we do not have the original fabrication drawings, we use a 3D Printer to generate a test part for fit and function.

After necessary tweaks, we create a 3D print of the rough casting to be used for the sand mold for the replacement part.

WTH... site not letting me post photos in the message again....  GRRRRRR!!!

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 31 of 75
cmcconnell

Interesting - we call those BHCS... 🙂

Message 32 of 75
mrattray

I've seen them abbreviated BHCS, too. I guess I'm just long winded like that...
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 33 of 75
jeanchile
in reply to: mpatchus

@mpatchus wrote:

Here's a rough casting and a finished machined part for a P-51 Mustang being restored.

In one sentence you have destroyed any hope of my job sounding cool.

"What do you do?"
"I design and fabricate process equipment for the mining and energy industries, what do you do?"

"I use the latest in technology to repair and restore World War II fighter planes"

--followed by the sound of me whining like my four year old and saying "But I want to do that!"

Instead here's a picture of a pig launcher we did recently.

Inventor Professional
Message 34 of 75
cwhetten
in reply to: jeanchile

@jeanchile wrote:

@mpatchus wrote:

In one sentence you have destroyed any hope of my job sounding cool.

"What do you do?"
"I design and fabricate process equipment for the mining and energy industries, what do you do?"

"I use the latest in technology to repair and restore World War II fighter planes"

--followed by the sound of me whining like my four year old and saying "But I want to do that!"

Instead here's a picture of a pig launcher we did recently.

All you had to say was, "Here is a picture of a pig launcher we did recently."

Smiley Surprised

A pig launcher?  I have no idea what that really is, but I'm twirling my mustache and laughing diabolically while I imagine all of the possibilities.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 35 of 75
mpatchus
in reply to: cwhetten

Cleaning pig?

You should model that and then animate it going through the launcher!!!

Inventor 2025 Beta

Message 36 of 75
cmcconnell
in reply to: jeanchile

Excellent pig launcher. I have done work for companies in the past designing Smart Pigs.

There is a 6" MFL/Caliper tool on my site in the Gallery ~34 images in: www.mechanixdesigns.com

Message 37 of 75
mrattray

I'm confused. Are we or are we not talking about bacon?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 38 of 75
jeanchile

@mrattray wrote:
I'm confused. Are we or are we not talking about bacon?

HA! This sentence had me laughing out loud. One of my employees modeled an actual pink pig and animated it flying out the end of one of our launchers years ago and for the life of me I cannot find that file. The minute they made pot legal in Colorado she put in her two week notice and moved there (coincidence perhaps?) or I would ask her.

Inventor Professional
Message 39 of 75
cwhetten
in reply to: mpatchus

Something like this?

piglauncher.jpg

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Tags (1)
Message 40 of 75
jeanchile

That's a nice looking smart pig ya' got there. Actually there is a lot of great looking work on your site, nicely done!

And for the record, there is some historical debate about this, but PIG = Pipeline Inspection Gauge. They are items sent down pipelines that perform various tasks.

Inventor Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report