Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Pictures 6-27-'14

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
-niels-
839 Views, 15 Replies

Friday Pictures 6-27-'14

Ok, early start on this but i finished this yesterday.

This is the fruit harvesting machine i posted the optional parts for in a previous post.

It was quite a hassle getting this done, it locked up my PC transferring from Inventor to Showcase everytime for some reason.

So i used my old pc, which i could leave alone and work on it without interruption, and after about an hour and a half i finally got a model in Showcase.

Only to find that if i saved it, it didn't open anymore... Smiley Frustrated

After many hour and a half's later, i managed to get it into my Showcase by saving out as an FBX and reimporting in SC2015.

I had some fun trying out the 'backplate' environments, so here's the result! :

POTJ_v2.jpg

and another view

POTJ2_v2.jpg

So, what are you all working on?

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Zac-C
in reply to: -niels-

Just a motor/impeller/volute

Message 3 of 16
riff62

Particle Accelerators... Cant post pics unfortunately.....sorry....I can direct you to our research web page so you can get an idea of what we do... http://www.lepp.cornell.edu/Research/WebHome.html
Message 4 of 16
mrattray
in reply to: Zac-C

Looks like an electric supercharger.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 16
-niels-
in reply to: riff62

Sounds like interesting stuff, for some reason i now want to watch Big Bang Theory episodes 😄

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 6 of 16
GSE_Dan_A

Mezzanine Crib with Sliding Gate14162 AB Automation Crib Mezzanine Front.jpg14162 AB Automation Crib Mezzanine 1.jpg14162 AB Automation Crib Mezzanine 7.jpg14162 AB Automation Crib Mezzanine - Gate.jpg

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 8 of 16
blair
in reply to: cbenner

If I showed you, I would have to kill you 🙂

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 16
jeanchile
in reply to: cbenner

Sulphuric Acid Circulation Heater Skid... not so top secret.

Inventor Professional
Message 10 of 16
blair
in reply to: jeanchile

nice Showcase render

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 16
wimann

Synyster Custom Guitar. Started it a while ago, just recently found time to finish. I'm in love with how these renderings turned out. Thank you Showcase.

WG Rendered Iso I.jpg

WG Rendered Iso II.jpg

WG Rendered Iso IV.jpg

Admitedly, there's still a little modeling to do for this to be 100% but I'm still pretty happy with the renderings.

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 12 of 16
-niels-
in reply to: wimann

Very nice, so it's a private project?
Are you building it for real? (Or is it storebought?)
(You may notice i don't know that much about guitars. 😉 )

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 13 of 16
wimann

it's alright 🙂 It's a design that's already out there. Made by Schecter. I've bought more than one of these guitars and they're just amazing. So one day, I thought I'd model it up. Then I got busy and had to set it on the back burner for a while and I just recently got around to finishing it.

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 14 of 16
cwhetten
in reply to: wimann

Looks fantastic.  Keep up the good work!

Killer paint scheme, too.

Rock on.     \ . . /

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 15 of 16
jeanchile
in reply to: blair

Thanks. I just started to learn how to use that program and they almost took it from me. I'm glad it's back. I've seen a few of your Showcase renders around here that look fantastic. It inspired me to do some research online and the common Showcase comment from a lot of people is that Showcase can produce some nice, quick renders that look okay but only if you "bake" the shadows.

Does anyone here know what "bake the shadows" means?

Inventor Professional
Message 16 of 16
sam_m
in reply to: jeanchile

i always thought "baking" was rendering but after a google it looks like it's a pre-rendering process to try and reduce the final rendering time.  I may well be wrong, but it sounds like it's a mini-render that calculates how the shadows would fall in the scene and then adjusts the image/surface texture wrapped around the objects to incorporate the shadows - so there's no need to re-calculate them each time you render.  But, I'm guessing that every time a light is moved or the surface is changed then these would need to be re-calculated, so I'd imagine the time saving is only evident at the end of a project when you have everything in place and are rendering a load of views.

But, I can't understand how this would work with anything moving - each frame of the animation would have different shadows, so is a different texture applied to the object for each frame?  seems crazy...

There's some info in the Showcase forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/General/Someone-please-explain-baking/td-p/4277252 

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report