Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Pictures 6-20-'14

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
-niels-
1120 Views, 17 Replies

Friday Pictures 6-20-'14

Well, time to continue this... (seems to be expected of me somehow 😜 )

I've been trying to get our entire machine, which i posted some optional parts from last week, into ShowCase.

So far it has locked up my machine twice, so no luck yet, but i'm not giving up...

So, i'll have to settle with a simpler image of something done years ago.

Only difference, this is rendered with ShowCase.

penhouder.jpg

Hope others have more interesting projects to show 🙂

Have a good weekend!

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
JavaLodge
in reply to: -niels-

Hi everyone, here's a large diameter fan I designed for our steel storage building.  It has variable angle of attack, and it's about 20 ft in diameter.Capture.PNG

in reply to: JavaLodge

@JavaLodge wrote:

Hi everyone, here's a large diameter fan I designed for our steel storage building.  It has variable angle of attack, and it's about 20 ft in diameter.

Any reason you don't just buy a "big **** fan" 

http://www.bigassfans.com/for-business/industrial/

Thats exactly what they do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 18
JavaLodge
in reply to: mcgyvr

Haha, I was wondering if anyone would bring that up. For lack of a better word, our company's 'motto' is that if we can build it ourselves, we will. We looked at that company for inspiration, but then just designed it myself anyway. We used one of our horsewalker motors, which are very high torque and low speed, so I ended up calling the project "The Big Horse Fan."
in reply to: JavaLodge

@JavaLodge wrote:
Haha, I was wondering if anyone would bring that up. For lack of a better word, our company's 'motto' is that if we can build it ourselves, we will. We looked at that company for inspiration, but then just designed it myself anyway. We used one of our horsewalker motors, which are very high torque and low speed, so I ended up calling the project "The Big Horse Fan."

We have a similar motto here.. BUT we also know that there is no point "building it ourselves" when an off the shelf solution is out there and costs less than the time/money spend rolling our own. 

I'd guarantee that fan cost you more than double (and probably way more than that) the cost of whats out there already. Not to mention the safety aspect "IF" that fan decides to come down on someone. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 18
JavaLodge
in reply to: mcgyvr

You have some good points there. I wondered myself why we didn't do just like you suggested, but it wasn't my call to make.

Hi Niels,
I'm supporting your Friday pics trend with a picture of my gadget.
This is just an unfinished concept that I use to play with when trying to get the best out of Inventor for illustration purposes. It should look OK on a screen (even at 200% zoom in), as long as we don't try to zoom in at the molecular level ;-))
I'm not using the Ray Tracing at all because of its "insane" reflections, which I found very hard to control.
Illustrations are a great asset to the Management and Marketing departments, but I found that most of them rarely appreciate the amount of work, time, and skill required to get a good picture.
Have a good weekend!
Danny

Message 8 of 18
Cadmanto

Pales in comparison to what has been shown, but this is a simple expansion joint for a building roof.

roof.JPG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 9 of 18
Curtis_Waguespack

Just experimenting for some other project...

Autodesk Inventor Friday Screen.png

Message 11 of 18
-niels-
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Cool stuff guys, nice to see more participants.

Curtis, the thing that bugs me about your image is that the curl's backside doesn't show the image mirrored.
(The lack of letters/numbers on the keyboard is 2nd 😉 )

What's the experiment for?

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 12 of 18
Curtis_Waguespack

@-niels- wrote:
Curtis, the thing that bugs me about your image is that the curl's backside doesn't show the image mirrored.
(The lack of letters/numbers on the keyboard is 2nd 😉 )

What's the experiment for?

Hi -niels-,

This was just a concept for some marketing material (magazine ad / trade show flier), showing a webpage on the monitor, with the page turn showing some other pertinent information beneath.

The letters on the keyboard bugged me too, but in the interest of time I used it as is. Actually the keyboard looks a bit 1990's to me, but it served the purpose.

Also, here's the page turn that is more in line with what I think you expected. The mirrored result was achieved simply by using a different preset filter button (in the 3rd party photo editor) than I used originally. I knew there was an option to roll the text around on the back side, but I just went with what I had on the first try.

I was just excited to get to contribute this Friday, as I normally don't have anything to offer, but always enjoy these threads. Smiley Happy

Niels-1.png

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 13 of 18
hfds006
in reply to: Daniel248

Always great stuff in these Friday picture threads.

Very little of what we build is very exciting to look at.

Maybe that is why it all gets left on the bottom of the sea once we are finished with it. 🙂

Message 14 of 18
cmcconnell
in reply to: hfds006

My boy is a Kendama fan. (http://kendamausa.com/). Recently, I have been showing him some stuff in IV (He is 9). We modeled a Kendama, and then rendered it in Keyshot 5. Wow is he picky. 🙂

Paduka, Maple and PurpleHeart

Kendama.11.jpg

Mechanix Design Solutions inc.
Message 15 of 18
mpatchus
in reply to: cmcconnell

Here's a tailhook assembly for an F4U Corsair that is under restoration.

F4U Hook 1.jpg

F4U Hook 2.jpg

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 16 of 18
-niels-
in reply to: mpatchus

Will there be a render of the entire plane in the future?
*wink**wink**nudge**nudge*

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 17 of 18
mpatchus

@-niels- wrote:
Will there be a render of the entire plane in the future?
*wink**wink**nudge**nudge*

At some point I do plan on attempting a model of the entire aircraft.

It would be a great exercise to see if all the parts actually do assembly properly.

Just need some "spare" time.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 18 of 18
blair
in reply to: mpatchus

A suspension that I've been working on.

suspension.jpg

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report