Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Source Shape as Parameter

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gjh99
251 Views, 1 Reply

Frame Source Shape as Parameter

I am in the early stages of learning Inventor 2014. I have created an iPart that will give me variations of square tubing from 1/2"-2" in varying standard wall thicknesses. I would like to build a frame with this iPart as the framing material and then use the parameters of the iPart to find the best size of tubing to use through parametric optimization using the stress analysis module. The most relevant tutorial I have found is this http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?linkID=9242016&id=12942117&siteID=123112, but the frame seems to be hand assembled instead of using the Frame Generator.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thank you,

Gordon

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CCarreiras
in reply to: gjh99

HI!!!

1- Yes, It's possible to use your iPart in a Frame Generator assembly, but first, you have to publish that iPart in content center as a strutural element, like the pic below.

ST.png

2 - No, you can't run parametric analyses With Frame generator and expecting the elements would change by a parameter. The elements change only by the famaly element and you have to do change the different elements manually.

Tip: For strutural assemblys, try to use "Frame Analysis" instead FEA.

st_2.png

Note: you are true , that example you try to do, its a normal assembly with normal custom parts, Not using Content center parts nor Frame generator.

Regards.

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Regards.
CCarreiras

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report