Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator has members but it doesn't show them!!!

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
597 Views, 16 Replies

Frame Generator has members but it doesn't show them!!!

Greetings to everyone.

Hi, my name is Yesid Delgado Plata, I'm an Inventor user since R11 Version. Actually we upgraded the version from AIP2008 to AIP2010 and the problem is about the frame generator.

I created the sketch, insert it in an assembly a generate the frame in AIP2008. When I open the Assembly for the first time in AIP2010 migrated the wholes files, but some members don't show up (see image 01). As you can see, the member is there and it's highlighted on the browser bar (see image 02), but it doesn't show up. Then I thought to enter into the part to see what's going on, and everything was fine, but the member still remain hidden (see image 03). When I enter into the member part, I noticed that the features are all on, but the member is still hidden, when I put the mouse over the feature body (just put the pointer over it not click), the member is highlighted but still hidden (see image 04), but when I click the feature the member magically show up.

Could anyone of you please tell me What is going on with this...???... Is it a Video card problem???... is it a problem that could be solved with a hotfix...?... what is it???

I would Appreciate any help...!!!

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

What happens if you go the Manage tab and select Rebuild All?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 17
blair
in reply to: JDMather

System spec's?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

I did the rebuild... bur some members remain hidden...

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

I'm working with (2) systems

System 1 specs

Software: Autodesk Inventor Professional 2010 SP3

Processor: Intel Xeon @1.60 GHz

RAM: 6 Gb

Video Card: Nvidia Quadro FX380

HDD: (2) HDD 80Gb @7200 rpm

System 2 specs

Software: Autodesk Inventor Professional 2010 SP3

Processor: Intel Core i7 @2.67GHz

RAM: 8 Gb

Video Card: Nvidia Quadro FX880M

HDD: (1) HDD 320Gb @7200 rpm

Both system has installed the Nvidia performance driver for autodesk, and the Graphics database with the last update.

Thanks for any help...

Message 6 of 17
blair

You didn't supply the driver version for your Nvidia cards. Check to make sure you are on the latest "Microsoft-Certified" version from Nvida.

This should be around 270.61

Also there has been a couple of Windows updates the last couple of days. Make sure you have done system re-boots for these updates to complete.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous

I did the rebuild... but some members remain hidden...

See the pic after rebuild...

I'd appreciatte any help... thanks

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous

Well.. the driver version for system (1) is 266.45, and the driver for system (2) is 266.58

Message 9 of 17
blair

Un-install all drivers from system using the Control Panel>Remove Programs. Reboot and install the latest drivers from Nvidia.

Looks like a driver/graphics card issue.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 17
Anonymous

Ok.. let me check the updates... and I'll post later...

Thanks...

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous

Greetings again...

I un-installed the old drivers and installed the new ones... Graphics driver version 270.71..... but the problem remains...

Message 12 of 17
blair

Can you post the files? May need to do a Pack&Go.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous

How can I send you the pack'n'go?... 'cause the post don't allow the rar extension

Please correct the highlighted errors and try again.

The file does not have a valid extension for an attachment. doc,pdf,dwf,dwg,dxf,dst,gz,gzip,zip,bm,bmp,gif,jfif,jpe,jpeg,jpg,psd,tif,tiff,png,htm,html,xml,xls,lsp,svf,3ds,vcf,png,text,txt,log,env,dcl,rvt,rfa,ipt,iam,ipn,dwfx,idw,csv,nwf,nwc,nwd are the valid extensions

Message 14 of 17
blair

Try "Zip"

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous

Ok.. Finally convert and split the files with the problem...

This are the instructions:

1- Uncompress the Sample.zip.

2- Copy the files Frame1.zip y Frame2.zip in this location... \\Sample\Workspace\DISEÑO EQUIPOS\2541 TOLVAS DE RECIBO\2541-05 MARCO TAPA FRONTAL\TAPA FRONTAL\Frame\.

3- Uncompress the files Frame1 and Frame2.

4- Open the main Assembly file located in... \\Sample\Workspace\DISEÑO EQUIPOS\2541 TOLVAS DE RECIBO\2541-05 MARCO TAPA FRONTAL\TAPA RONTAL.iam.

Thanks for any help. But I guess that you're not going to experience issues due to the specs of your PC... but anyway please check the files and the assembly and please let me know.

Regards...

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous

Greetings again...

I'm still having some troubles with the frame generator in the AIP 2010...

I have re-installed the video driver to its last version, I have installed the service packs for AIP 2010, I have re-configured the Windows 7 for best performance but nothing happens... i'm going crazy...

One of the main activities in our company is the design and the manufacturing of steel structures. But the AIP 201 is hiding a lot of members. I rebuilded the model once and again and again... and nothing...

I really would like to know what's happening.... Thanks for any help...

Best regards...

Message 17 of 17
blair

I am on IV2012 and everthing looks fine here.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report