Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator- Trim-Extend Could Not Be Updated

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bmeraz
1025 Views, 4 Replies

Frame Generator- Trim-Extend Could Not Be Updated

Hi All,

I am attempting to trim some tubes using the "Trim- Extend to Face Feature" in the Autodesk Frame generator. 

Whenever I attempt to apply this edit I get the following message "Trim-Extend could be updated. review Prior end treatment and cut treatments to identify confilicts"

I am working off of someone elses model so I decided to go in to the actual piece and then delete all end treatments. Thats when I noticed a strange looking red box with an arrow. So I again tried the command and still got the same error message. Has anyone else encountered this issue before? Please let me know.

At this point I am considering just deleting the whole tube and redoing it.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: bmeraz

I might be tempted to delete the offending member and add again. The standard Rebuild-All might help but not sure what exactly the other user did.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
cbenner

I've seen that red arrow before but cannot remember the cause. Pretty sure that replacing the member is your best bet. As to the cause, try a search on these forums, it might be in here somewhere. I'm home today, but I can look next week when I get back to the office.
Message 4 of 5
bmeraz

Hi All,

Thank you for the replies.

I ended up deleting the member and then adding a new member. This seems to have worked.

Unfortunately the issue has now resurfaced on a different member.

I haev attempted to rebuild all and this too is having no effect (if anything it begins to generate a bunch of contraint issues).

Anyone have further insight into this?

Message 5 of 5
blair

Not sure what to say, make sure you are current on all the SP's and hotfixes for your version of Inventor.

Possibly post the files and we can look at the work flow.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report