Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator Part Sketches Not Showing in Browser

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RobJV
925 Views, 4 Replies

Frame Generator Part Sketches Not Showing in Browser

I do not know what causes this.  I make a sketch on an FG part and then an extrusion cut.  I exit out of extrusion and I can no longer edit the extrusion as it does not show up in the browser.

I have noticed this a number of times over the last couple of releases.  My only solution I know of is to save the assembly and restart inventor.  Anybody else seen this?  I have attached a screenshot taken after a restart of Inventor.  Before the restart, the items in the circled area do not show up.  It is like it is stuck in assembly view somehow.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pcrawley
in reply to: RobJV

Open the offending part in its own window.

Now you'll only see the end treatments in the browser.

Change the Browser mode from "Frame Generator" to "Model":

18-02-2014 1-50-41 p-m-.png

Peter
Message 3 of 5
RobJV
in reply to: pcrawley

Peter,

Will try that next time - thanks.  Better than restarting Inventor but obviously not a complete fix for problem.

Rob

Message 4 of 5
pcrawley
in reply to: RobJV

Fix?  It's not meant to be a fix.  It's "as designed".  I think the idea is to stop you fiddling with FG members 😉

One of the issues you will run into when manually editing FG members is that when you change a member (maybe for a different size) you will lose all those manual edits.  By displaying FG functions (by default) in the browser, you are less likely to be tempted to change something that you may later lose.

Peter
Message 5 of 5
RobJV
in reply to: pcrawley

I think you are not understanding the problem.  It is not "As Designed".  It does not happen all the time.  In fact, right now I can double click on the part in question within the context of the entire assembly and see all the things you should see in the modelling view.  Like i said before, it is as though it is locked in assembly view even when you are working on the part.  You are supposed to be able to edit a FG part.  Quite often I add holes or other edits.

I will take a screen shot next time it happens.

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report