Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator Part List , Mass *Varies*

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
kajobus
2525 Views, 10 Replies

Frame Generator Part List , Mass *Varies*

Hi, I've used Frame Generator to build a frame. Then in my idw , I've created a "part list" of the frame and added "Mass" to the Columns , some member shows the mass , but others show *Varies*, I note that when I leave out the "End Treatments" I don't have the *varies*, Any work around for this please ? Regards (My QS is driving me mad) 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Cadmanto
in reply to: kajobus

If you RC on your parts list and select "Edit Bill of Materials".

RC on the "Parts Only" tab and select

bom2.PNG

Then select the following shown below to bring up the following dialog window.

bom.PNG

If you uncheck the "Enable Row Merge on Part Number Match" this will eliminate the "Varies" in your parts list.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 11
kajobus
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi

Thank you so much !

Regards

Message 4 of 11
Cadmanto

Your welcome.

Glad it worked out for you.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 11
RobJV

While this will work, (and is a quick solution) it will also prevent the parts to rollup when they should, unless you want to show an individual line for every instance of the same part.

Another way to do it is rename all the part numbers to something like: "=<Stock Number> - <G_L> - <Mass>"

This will rollup all parts (with the same Stock Number) that are the same length and mass into a single row.  It can easily be copied all the way down the BOM as well.

- Just another way to do what you want.  (It is not foolproof as once in a while the mass becomes slightly off from one part to another in FG but should work for the most part.)

Rob

Message 6 of 11
swhite

Double check your end treatments to make sure it IS the same part when finished. The mass variance is ocurring because when done the two parts have slightly different weights. This may mean they are not actually the same once cut down. if you know they should be and the weight of each is only slightly different you can open one and manually enter the weight to match the other in the iproperties. Sometimes even a cut 1/128" different will cause a weight change so they don't match. So first i would double check my end treatments and the order in which they were applied. Changing the order of end cuts on two identicle parts can make a difference if the cuts are angle cuts.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 7 of 11
RobJV
in reply to: swhite

I agree with you completely - I think that is the op's point though.  These parts ARE different due to the different end treatments and therefore should be rolled up on a different line.  The first solution will not roll up the parts that ARE the same where my solution will do a better (not perfect) job at that - (it is not foolproof - mitres could go different ways and end up being rolled up together.)

Rob

Message 8 of 11
KimBrunz

Thanks Scott, you're answer still works! 🙂

-------------------------------------------------
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Currently PDS 2018 but testing alternatives
i7 3770k 16 Gb RAM GTX 1070
Message 9 of 11
mdPVGGL
in reply to: RobJV

How did you make this work? I can only use the mass from the contencenter.

Message 10 of 11
kajobus
in reply to: mdPVGGL

MESSAGE 2 OF 9 of this post has the solution

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 11
RobJV
in reply to: mdPVGGL

Old Tutorial but still works for creating a great BOM that combines info from sheetmetal, CC, FG, structural steel, purchased parts, etc. and rolls up like steel lengths, FG parts, sheetmetal:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/parts-list-amp-bom-amp-stock-number-amp-sheet-metal-ex...

Not sure exactly what your mass issue is and again I don't roll up the same way that was alluded to earlier in this thread.  (Mass will always vary depending on holes, miter sizes, etc. - see tutorial as you can have the mass be a factor that separates your parts if you would like)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report