Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Analysis custom profile question

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Orest_iy
569 Views, 1 Reply

Frame Analysis custom profile question

Hello

I have the custom profile library I use for creating frames with Frame Generator.

This profile has specific section like shown on attached Pic1.

I would like to upgrate this profile library with all required data to perform the Frame Analysis.

QUESTION 1 - is it possible in general to create the own custom profile library applicable for Frame Analysis?

To create this library I have updated the initial ipart with custom parameters such as Moment of Inertia, Torsional Sectional Modulus and all other, see Pic4. Than I set those in the ipart table I will use for creating the Structural Shape, see Pic3.

The first problem.

Inventor Parameters table does not have all necessary measure units such as mm2, mm3, mm4 .

I have set the unitless in hope the further Structural Shape Authoring will set the proper units as I will apply the values to corresponded Structural Shape Authoring slots, see Pic1.

BUT seems like Structural Shape Authoring requires cm3 instead of  mm3 and cm4 instead of mm4, see attached Pic2. As to compare all existing standard components has metric units, mm, mm2, mm3, mm4.

QUESTION 2  - what units should be used and how to set the proper units in the custom profile Family Table?

Best regards,

Orest Yavtushenko

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
henderh
in reply to: Orest_iy

Hi Orest,

I know it doesn't help much but you can change the document settings to display centimeters instead of MM for cm^4, etc properties like moment of inertia.  Then use the swept section's 'region properties' in the Tools tab => measure panel (image attached).

I found a recent NG post that outlines how to publish custom frame profiles (thanks for the document Cadmanto !)

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/How-to-publish-a-customized-frame-profile-to-the-lib...

Hope this helps!

Best regards, -Hugh

[Edit: forgot the image attachment]

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report