1. open .step
2. save as .ipt (i only did this as .ipt might work for .iam)
3. save as catpart
4. start new part
5. import catpart
6. delete new sketch and translation report.
7. save as .ipt
8. convert .ipt to sheet metal.
9. right click on folded metal
11. Go to IExport (expect error)
12. Right click Flat pattern.
13. Save copy as .sat
14. open .sat seperatly.
15. save .ipt after cleaning up feature tree of unwanted new sketch and translation report.
16. Host a party because part file size is significantly smaller.
i wish someone could write code for this :/
(using inventor 2010 / routing)
Post example file to be used to walk through these steps to verify your solution.
(post your end solution file as well)
since i cant share any company files, can you provide me with an example and ill post up the shrunk step file in .ipt format.
But as a little something:
a 66,524kb file just between CATPart conversion/translation and back to part got me to 56,692kb
and no details were removed.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.