Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font changes when exporting to AutoCad 2014

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kylegoltsch
686 Views, 7 Replies

Font changes when exporting to AutoCad 2014

When I export from a drawing from Inventor 2014 to model space in AutoCad 2014, all my fonts change. I tried using a few fonts (last one being RomanS). The biggest problem is that when you print from AutoCad after exporting from Inventor, all the text is "hollow" and not filled in. Thanks for any advice you may have, Kyle
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

this is the age old problem of true type v's shx fonts, Calibri seems to work well during translation but is by no means perfect

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Calibri-font/m-p/3944840/highlight/true#M472593

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 3 of 8

Stephen, Unfortunately, Calibri font looks good on paper but when printed through AutoCad it is "hollow" and almost gets lost. I need something more like RomanS which is just a stick figure. Thanks, Kyle
Message 4 of 8
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: kylegoltsch

Any particular reason why you are exporting to AutoCAD? Why dont you save your .idw to .dwg and you can open it in AutoCAD without any issues

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 8
kylegoltsch
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

JoAnn, We are stuck in the dark ages here. Ownership and top level managers want all drawings in model space in AutoCad. I have tried to get them to switch to paper space but I was told that we will not change. So I am stuck trying to do stupid things until I can convince them otherwise. Thanks for the reply, Kyle
Message 6 of 8
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: kylegoltsch

Hmmmmm thats very silly.

Ok so how about saving the .idw to a .dwg, copy the drawing, make the Layout a block (Create Block command) and insert it into model space and explode the block?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 7 of 8

in autocad try typing the command TEXTFILL (or something like that) and turning the variable on

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 8 of 8

Stephan, That worked!!! Thank you. So simple. Kyle

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report