Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold/Unfold

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
methoni
2957 Views, 1 Reply

Fold/Unfold

Having created what i call a diffuser (please see attachment) i now wish to provide a flat drilling template .idw for use

by the sheet metal fabricators.

When i unfold the .ipt part and create the .idw drawing thats fine the problem is when i refold the ipt part the .idw also reverts back to its folded shape,is there a way to stop this from happening, should i rename the unfolded part,would this be a solution.Perhaps if i was to copy and rename the parts just to create the manufacturing drawing ? by doing this

all association with the original part is then lost,perhaps not the best approach.

I am sure there must be a solution to create develoment parts purely for the use of manufacture ,still retaining the original link. Am i over complicating the issue !

System i am using is inventor professional 2013.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CCarreiras
in reply to: methoni

Hi!

You're complicating things.

Refold and finish the part, then use "go to flat pattern" to have the flat pattern. (Fig 1) . Save the file.

Open the idw or dwg and, when you are placing the part, choose flat pattern. (Fig 2)

You can also configure a dxf for cutting machines using in the flat pattern enviroment the "save copy as"(Fig3)

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report