Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexible hose units

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TNTall
350 Views, 3 Replies

Flexible hose units

In the tube and pipe environment, where does the "Linear Dim Display Precision" come from when I create a flexible hose? I want it to be only to 1 decimal place, but it defaults to 3. Is there a way to make the hose lengths be limited to increments of 0.5"?

Thanks,

Greg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: TNTall

Search on your system for "piping runs.iam". This is the document the should hold the setting: After you open the IAM, just change the Options>Documents from the Tools menu.

Don'task me why, but the Tube/Pipe module uses this instead of the standard Templates folder.

Depending on your system: Users>Public>Document>Autodesk>Inventor 2012>Design Data>Tube & Pipe:

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
TNTall

Thanks for responding, but that does not seem to do what I need. The goal I am trying to achieve is generating a parts list for a hose assemly (a hose with end fittings crimped on) without having to do formatting every time. The precision of the hose length comes out to three decimal places, but I want it to be only one.

It seems the hose length reflected on the parts list comes from the "Linear Dim Display Precision" property on the "pifhose.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.ipt" file that is generated for each hose by the tube & pipe program. Is there an iPart or an ipt template that I can set this 0.1 precision to so that each new hose will inherit the precision on that property?

Thanks,

Greg

Message 4 of 4
TNTall

EDIT: The parts list actually gets its hose length value from the "Unit Quantity" field of the pifhose.1325767186933.ipt document settings. I thought that field was controlled by the "Linear Dim Display Precision", but it seems the PL parameter also has to be given a Custom Property Format with the same precision.

I hope there is a simpler way to automate this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums