Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexible hose sweep diverging from route

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
doobyscoo
1158 Views, 3 Replies

Flexible hose sweep diverging from route

Hi Guys,

I'm new here... as I've figured out most of my issues by myself, except this one.

Attached is a screen print of a hose I created, the sweep has stopped following the route. It is not the only hose in the assembly that this has happened to and it hasn't happened to all of the hoses either?

Any ideas what the cause/solution for this is?

I am using Inventor Professional 2011 with SP2

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: doobyscoo

I would check the "Rules" for that specific Style with respects to the bend radius.

"I'm not in the office with easy access to IV"

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
doobyscoo
in reply to: blair

The rule for this style has bend radius 0.5" and the hose is about 400mm long so the bend radius is well over that.

Previously this hose and all the others were fine. It did an update after I moved another part, not related to the hose assembly, which resluted in some of the hoses diverging form their routes.

When I change the hose length while editing the route, the sweep doesn't change when I exit..

On some routes, the sweep will travel along the route then go from 1 node to another in a straight line... at random.

Doesn't make sense to me.

Message 4 of 4
doobyscoo
in reply to: doobyscoo

If I change the route by moving a node the sweep snaps back to the route... this is generally how I fix this, would be nice if i didn't have to though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report