Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat pattern a converted solid

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bcrowell
461 Views, 2 Replies

Flat pattern a converted solid

I am workign in Inventor 2011, and have a cylindrical part that I have converted to a Sheet Metal part.  I need to make a flat pattern of this part, and so far have been unable to make it do so.  Prior attempts have included cutting a seam with the extrude command, the cut command, and I tried the rip command (to no avail).  I changed the Sheet Metal Defaults to match the thickness of the material, and have tried many different k factors to try and make it flatten and have reached almost the end of my sheet metal knowledge.  I have attached several versions of the part.

I would be grateful for any help.

Thank you.

IV2019 Professional Build 136, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 v3 3.5GHz, 32.0GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4096MB
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rdyson
in reply to: bcrowell

Check you Thickness parameter

PDSU 2016
Message 3 of 3
bcrowell
in reply to: rdyson

My precision keeps defaulting to no digits when I measure so I was coming up with 11mm- thank you.

IV2019 Professional Build 136, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 v3 3.5GHz, 32.0GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4096MB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report