Inventor General

Mentor
mslosar
Message 1 of 2 (226 Views)

Flat Pattern Orientation

226 Views, 1 Replies
02-13-2013 10:45 AM

I have a piece I need to orient in a way Inventor seems to not approve of.

I have a piece that's basically a long arced piece when in flat pattern mode.  This part is also excel controlled and can be various sizes.

The flat pattern gets oriented with one of the flat sides along the X axis. Given the nature of the piece the standard

RMB flat pattern,edit definition option doesn't work as it allows you to rotate it only 0 or 90 degrees. In essence, I need it to be in the 45 degree range and there's not an option for this.

I would like to use it to get the minimum Length and Width of the plate from iLogic. Adding a dimension to the Flat Pattern for Lenght doesn't work because the piece can change sizes and there are sizes where an end to end dimension would not be the width of the piece.

The piece is also drawn in place so it can simply be grounded in the final assembly. Drawing the piece to fit properly isn't really an option either. If only you can draw a line in a flat pattern sketch and align the view to that....

Is there anything that can be done?

Active Contributor
Allen_Hart
Message 2 of 2 (187 Views)

Re: Flat Pattern Orientation

02-14-2013 05:06 AM in reply to: mslosar

RMB, Edit Flat Pattern Definition really does work.  Just pick two vertex points on the pattern instead of trying to determine the rotation angle.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube