Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat Pattern Orientation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mslosar
918 Views, 1 Reply

Flat Pattern Orientation

I have a piece I need to orient in a way Inventor seems to not approve of.

I have a piece that's basically a long arced piece when in flat pattern mode.  This part is also excel controlled and can be various sizes.

The flat pattern gets oriented with one of the flat sides along the X axis. Given the nature of the piece the standard

RMB flat pattern,edit definition option doesn't work as it allows you to rotate it only 0 or 90 degrees. In essence, I need it to be in the 45 degree range and there's not an option for this.

I would like to use it to get the minimum Length and Width of the plate from iLogic. Adding a dimension to the Flat Pattern for Lenght doesn't work because the piece can change sizes and there are sizes where an end to end dimension would not be the width of the piece.

The piece is also drawn in place so it can simply be grounded in the final assembly. Drawing the piece to fit properly isn't really an option either. If only you can draw a line in a flat pattern sketch and align the view to that....

Is there anything that can be done?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Allen_Hart
in reply to: mslosar

RMB, Edit Flat Pattern Definition really does work.  Just pick two vertex points on the pattern instead of trying to determine the rotation angle.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report