Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Sketch Number

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
177 Views, 4 Replies

First Sketch Number

I recently made a slight change to my part template file. I turn on the origin planes from the RMB menu. This way the toggling of the plane visibility is available in my newly made parts.

However, now the first sketch in all my new parts is sketch3.
Any ideas as to why and any way to get it back so that my first sketch is sketch1?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You could try opening the template and changing the sketch name to sketch1 but I am guessing the next sketch made would be sketch4. If I remember right there is a way to start a new file that isn't based off a template?? Unfortunately I don't remember how, but maybe someone else does? If I am not just dreaming about it you could do that, then set things the way you want them, and finally save over the top of the standard.ipt. -- Kent Keller http://www.KWiKMcad.com Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator "TAHDESIGN" wrote in message news:22549914.1104929546935.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >I recently made a slight change to my part template file. I turn on the >origin planes from the RMB menu. This way the toggling of the plane >visibility is available in my newly made parts. > > However, now the first sketch in all my new parts is sketch3. > Any ideas as to why and any way to get it back so that my first sketch > is sketch1?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Any idea as to why this happened in the first place?
I do not believe tht I created two previuos sketches in my template file.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Kent, You can create a document "on the fly" by holding down CTRL+SHIFT then create a new document using the pull down pull-down (as opposed to the File Open dialog). TAHDESIGN, Would you consider posting your part template to the autodesk.customer.files forum so we may take a look? If Kent's suggestion(s) don't work for some reason, we can post new templates for you. Just let us know which release version you would like. Also, did you customize your templates in any way? Best regards, -- Hugh Henderson (Inventor Workflow QA) "Kent Keller" wrote in message news:41dc0211$1_3@newsprd01... > You could try opening the template and changing the sketch name to > sketch1 but I am guessing the next sketch made would be sketch4. > > If I remember right there is a way to start a new file that isn't based > off a template?? Unfortunately I don't remember how, but maybe someone > else does? If I am not just dreaming about it you could do that, > then set things the way you want them, and finally save over the top of > the standard.ipt. > > -- > Kent Keller > http://www.KWiKMcad.com > > Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator > > "TAHDESIGN" wrote in message > news:22549914.1104929546935.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > >I recently made a slight change to my part template file. I turn on the > >origin planes from the RMB menu. This way the toggling of the plane > >visibility is available in my newly made parts. > > > > However, now the first sketch in all my new parts is sketch3. > > Any ideas as to why and any way to get it back so that my first sketch > > is sketch1? > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hugh,

The ctrl+shift methods does make a ipt file that has sketch1 as the first sketch placed. I do not believe that I made any changes to my part templates.

So producing a ipt this way and then over-writing my templates will solve the sketch number problem.

I guess my overall question here is what is IV using the make the file with this approach if not the template?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report