Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding a constraint with the problem in the browser

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Barry1Lau
575 Views, 6 Replies

Finding a constraint with the problem in the browser

I have a medium sized assembly with about 300 parts.  When I make a change to one of the parts sometimes the constraint error dialog box comes up saying there is a problem with 1 or more constraints have errors.  If it says constraint #643 is the problem how do you find where it is in the browser?  If you do manage to find it by searching constriaint list for each part, why can't the constraint be deleted and reinstalled?  Editing the constraint seems to turn into an hour long battle of circular illogic that I don't have time for.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: Barry1Lau

Barry,

I agree to find it in the browser can be a pain, but when the error dialog window comes up, opt to fix the error there.

As you click next through the series of windows the last one will give you the option to edit or delete the contraint.

This is by far the easiest way to go.  If the error window is not there and you want to get it back, to a Rebuild All" and it will come back.

rebuild.PNG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
GSE_Dan_A

When you click the Sketch Doctor (Red Cross) it usually highlights the part that is sick (has the offending constraint) so scroll down until you find the highlighted part(s) and then you can expand the part and find the offending constraint(s).

constraints.png

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 4 of 7
Barry1Lau
in reply to: Cadmanto

I will try that.
Thanks,
Barry Hazel
Mfg. Engineer
Lau Industries / Ruskin Company
Rochester Plant
(574) 224-5200
Message 5 of 7
swhite

Another quick option to just check all your constraints quickly is open the assembly view tree and choose Modeling View, then the constraints folder.

Constraints.PNG

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 6 of 7
mrattray

You may want to explore different modeling techniques in the future. Search around about skeletal and muscular modeling techniques. They provide a much more stable model, and if you're lucky you can avoid having any constraints in the first place.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 7
Barry1Lau
in reply to: mrattray

Good point, should have said check it out. I am new to Inventor and didn't know where the button was.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report