Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find out how long employee work

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Ezekiel12
1383 Views, 13 Replies

Find out how long employee work

Hello,

I have probably unusual question.

Is there a way how to find out how long employee work with Inventor?

For example: He came at 8:00 to work, start Inventor, login to Vault, the LMTOOLs gave him 1 license for Inventor and 1 for Vault. But he go out from PC and physically don't work. He sign out from PC at 16:00 after 8H, it looks that he work 8H but in reality he worked only 1-2 hours... 

Is there some way how to find out the exact time of hiw work in Inventor? Opening files, saving, etc...

Thx for any suggestions! 🙂

Regards

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
mcgyvr
in reply to: Ezekiel12

No Inventor does not have a computer chair sensor function 🙂

There might be some other non-autodesk programs that might help though..

I googled and saw this..No idea if it works or how it works though

http://www.cadtempo.com/

I'm sure there might be others.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 14
chrisrodway

Have you tried using the find utility in vault

Go tools > find

On the advance tab you search for multiple inventor properties with in vault

To find out how long the user has been on you could search for

Checked Out On (Whats Been checked out on the date in question)

Add the columns checked out date and time and it will tell you when the user start what job

shown in attached I started the 1279 job at 11:48 this morning

Hope this helps 

Cheers

Chris Rodway
Design Engineer
Sheffield, UK
Message 4 of 14
Cadmanto

Another option you might have is while I am no iLogic guru, there is an internal MS clock that semi tracks files.

You can access this by looking at the properties of the file.

FILE.JPG

Maybe someone can create an iLogic routine that can do this for you.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 14
mcgyvr
in reply to: Cadmanto

Of course that still doesn't account for the user just getting up and going for a smoke or whatever..

You need something that would track time of keyboard/mouse movement with some hysteresis built in. 

Or just get more responsible employees. 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 6 of 14
cbenner
in reply to: mcgyvr

From the back side of this, there are ways of monitoring people's internet usage (thank God they don't do that here!)  😉

But again, this doesn't help if the person is actually away from the desk for long periods.

Message 7 of 14
Cadmanto

No, it doesn't, but that is where I am hoping someone can write a program that can start the clock when the PC is idol for "X" time amount it will stop and start again upon the next keystroke.

Maybe this is not possible, but it sounds good in theory.  Smiley Wink

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 8 of 14
PatrickHughes

I hope you guys (and gals) don't mind me stopping in to add a comment.

I'm the author of CadTempo and I would just like to mention that the CadTempo program does indeed log actual time that a user is working in a drawing/model. When a user goes idle there is an adjustable timer that will then kick in and wait for further activity before adding more edit time to the file. If the file retains focus during inactivity (a break, phone call, etc.) the total time continues to accumulate. If a user switches focus to another program time is not added to the file. In this way actual work time is properly assigned.

Patrick Hughes

Engineered Design Solutions
Developer of CadTempo - Cad Time Tracking
www.cadtempo.com
Message 9 of 14
mcgyvr
in reply to: PatrickHughes

Interesting Patrick..

How did you know to come here at the perfect time shortly after I posted that link?

No really how?

Do you monitor your website traffic? or something?

Message 10 of 14
PatrickHughes

Hi mcgyvr,

I visit the forums periodically - mostly CAD Managers and AutoCAD. My contributions have been minimal however because I'm a bit behind the times using Acad r14 (yep, the real r14).

But to answer your question more to the point, I do have a stats monitor on my website and I saw the uptick referral from this post. I don't usually step in.

Thanks for the mention.

Patrick Hughes

www.cadtempo.com
Message 11 of 14
mcgyvr
in reply to: PatrickHughes

@PatrickHughes wrote:

Hi mcgyvr,

Thanks for the mention.

No problem..but thank google and your website designer/SEO for keeping you right at the top of the rankings.. 🙂

Message 12 of 14
PatrickHughes

@mcgyvr wrote:

No problem..but thank google and your website designer/SEO for keeping you right at the top of the rankings.. 🙂

Heh, I'm going to take that as a compliment since I'm the chief cook and bottle washer, website designer/SEO etc. - however Google does deserve thanks.  Smiley Very Happy

Patrick Hughes

www.cadtempo.com
Message 13 of 14
TravisNave

I was thinking maybe you could put a TIMEOUTALL option in your adskflex.opt file and if the Engineer is not actively using Inventor, say ever 15 minutes, his license will timeout (INACTIVE) in the debug.log and return the license to the pool.  You might then be able to give yourself one extra tool to determine this.

Otherwise, the CADTempo program mentioned previously sounds pretty awesome!

For eveything you could possibly want to know about the adskflex.opt Options file for FlexLM, please see my KB article here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Managing-the-adskflex-opt-Options-File/td-p/307...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 14 of 14
brian.cranston
in reply to: TravisNave

I use a program called JTB FlexReport.  He's also written a program called Process Monitor that tracks usage of any program, doesn't have to be network licensed.

http://www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport/index.htm

-Brian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report