Inventor General

ElectraGlide
Message 1 of 3 (548 Views)

Fillet weld not showing typical bitmap texture in Inventor 2013

548 Views, 2 Replies
05-31-2012 11:25 AM

Usually when creating a fillet weld it displays a texture of a wavy surface.  I can only get a smooth surface.  Is there a way to modify weld appearance to what I'm used to?

ElectraGlide
Message 2 of 3 (538 Views)

Re: Fillet weld not showing typical bitmap texture in Inventor 2013

05-31-2012 12:15 PM in reply to: ElectraGlide

After playing around with Appearances for Welded Mild Steel, I discovered Inventor was trying to pull an image file called WeldCat.png from a bogus location in the project file.  No rhyme or reason for it except it was the last location I opened a document.  I found the actual image file in a folder under Autodesk Shared and redirected it.  Now, it seems to be okay, until the next time I need a texture and it comes up missing!

Product Support
Message 3 of 3 (514 Views)

Re: Fillet weld not showing typical bitmap texture in Inventor 2013

06-08-2012 03:57 PM in reply to: ElectraGlide

Did you migrate your weldmen assembly before you added new weld beads?

I would also be interested to know where the "bogus" location was pointing at.

The weldcat0.png texture bitmap that is used in the weld materials gets installed by default in the following location 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\Textures\1\Mats.

Do you have this folder on your machine and does it contain data?

Thanks.

Bob

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube